• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 11-13th Blizzard

I spent no more than a few minutes looking at the NAM today. It's just not worth trying to figure out when it's right when it's usually wrong until much closer in. Wish it had been discontinued earlier. NCEP stopped updating the code for it at least 2 years ago.

• Thanks 4

27 minutes ago, MidwestChaser said:

So what you're saying is that we all need to dump bags of ice into the lake?

I’ve lived on the lake for the past 5 years or so. This is the first time we’re going into mid January and I’ve seen no ice at all. Not even on the rocks of the shoreline. Would be interested if anyone has a link to data reflecting ice cover on Lake Michigan by year as a comparison. I’m sure it’s not super rare I’m only speaking from my 5 years living here which is why I’d be interested in seeing some longer term data.

1 minute ago, AWMT30 said:

Riding the RGEM here in SE MI thats for sure. 

Its misleading a bit, it shows snow with a 3/2c surface. Unless it is absolutely coming down and cold aloft, that is rain. I will say it is decent up until 00z but its hard to buy

• Like 2

Its misleading a bit, it shows snow with a 3/2c surface. Unless it is absolutely coming down and cold aloft, that is rain. I will say it is decent up until 00z but its hard to buy

Shoot you are right I forgot to look at the dynamics of the model. My apologies.

• Like 1

That being said I think SEMI gained a bit tonight on the models but its is incredibly tenuous and could easily go back the other direction. I would love to be in SW MI for this, they look to get absolutely bonecrushed.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Stebo said:

That being said I think SEMI gained a bit tonight on the models but its is incredibly tenuous and could easily go back the other direction. I would love to be in SW MI for this, they look to get absolutely bonecrushed.

Ready 2 b bonecrushed.

• Like 1

The GEM is further south with its track which allows temps aloft to become much for favorable for LOT including immediate metro. QPF is lower but progged snow totals are higher. Verbatim even downtown would achieve warning criteria snows.

Not to mention the track is more favorable for lake enhancement.

• Like 4