• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring first regional significant winter impact event. Magnitude likely tempered. At this time NE PA/SE NY and SNE primarily. Jan 7/8.

Typhoon Tip

Trying to determine if I should stay in CT or head up to my weenie spot in southern VT. I was originally going to stay down here but it's hard to deny the north trend. Front-end looks more exciting in CT (but I'm on the southern edge currently and tainting looks likely), but that h850 easterly flow into VT at 2300' would probably do pretty well. I NEED SNOW in my life. Any suggestions?

Just now, BuildingScienceWx said:

Trying to determine if I should stay in CT or head up to my weenie spot in southern VT. I was originally going to stay down here but it's hard to deny the north trend. Front-end looks more exciting in CT (but I'm on the southern edge currently and tainting looks likely), but that h850 easterly flow into VT at 2300' would probably do pretty well. I NEED SNOW in my life. Any suggestions?

Got to VT

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BuildingScienceWx said:

Go to Canada. 

• Haha 1

It's all going to narrow down to true final storm track and temperature profile of the air columns. A glitch here and a glitch there and one can have a chilly rain mixed with sleet or an all-snow event.

Just now, Greg said:

It's all going to narrow down to true final storm track and temperature profile of the air columns. A glitch here and a glitch there and one can have a chilly rain mixed with sleet or an all-snow event.

No one off the cape is getting either of those extremes.

7 minutes ago, BuildingScienceWx said:

Thanks Jon, but in looking at that positive depth chart, my house is in the bullseye lol. My wife isn't going to like it, but I'll offer to take the kids....

Positive depth chart means nothing to me unless you are 33/34 degrees during daylight and or horrible growth . Take the risk for the real snow and stay in CT. 

• Like 1