Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 Banter

George BM

3 hours ago, T. August said:

I am going to the game today… however, I’ll have you know that the last one I went to, the Ravens lost. My sample size is too small to determine if I was a factor, but I’ll know today for sure.

Go Ravens. 

Who Id like to see win the SB

1) ravens 

2)Bills

3)Detroit

4) anyone but the 49ers! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dailylurker said:

HECS hunters lol. I forget about those storms. Too rare to care about. I'm a winter hunter. I hunt winter conditions. This week was as good or better then a HECS. You HECS hunters could go 30 years without one. I'm just as happy chasing the elusive 10 incher followed by cold weather. 

You can do both. I haven’t complained one bit about the snow I got this week. I’ve had a great time with the kids. But I can shade a bigger storm also. I fail to see the conflict. 

11 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

You can do both. I haven’t complained one bit about the snow I got this week. I’ve had a great time with the kids. But I can shade a bigger storm also. I fail to see the conflict. 

Don't get me wrong. I'm a HECS hunter too. It's just I definitely don't get emotionally attached to the idea of getting one. My idea of a amazing winter doesn't include a HECS. I'm a simple man that loves cold and snow. This week was better then the 2016 storm where I got 20+ inches of snow. It was 60 degrees 48 hours later and stayed 60. The storm itself was fun. Awesome to experience. This week was the best for me since 2010. 2018 had a nice snowy cold spell too. But this one was epic the way it played out. I did a 7 mile hike in old growth forest on Monday. I'll never forget that day. It was amazing. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Ravens snow game for AFC title?!?!?

You'd better hope the Ravens decide to play ball control and especially ground game. Time of possession will be crucial in keeping the Texan offense off the field. You dont want to get into an aerial shootout against CJ Strout. I am confident the Baltimore coaching staff already has that factored into their game plan.

I've done research on the MJO and found little predictive value. Also, when it was being used real time 2015-2020, it was not verifying like historical composites.. I think that continued into the 2020s but I'm not sure. What I mean is, models predict the amplitude of the MJO and that varies, every day it goes stronger or weaker.. but as a lagged variable (using current state to predict future weather) it was providing no skill over the models. I think it was developed sometime in the early 2000s, when most of the better stuff came before year 2000. My opinion. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic