• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

00z HRRR gets me pretty good, but we all know how accurate that can be. Love the signal the higher resolution models produce on elevated terrain. They're not quite high enough resolution to completely nullify modeled accumulation "bloating" on the computer generated maps, and since I live so close to the Sunapee Massif I'm nearly always modeled (per geographic location on the map) as getting the goods even though I'm only at 890ft. My favorite hobby is choosing to believe that snow is mine. As it should be.

00z HRRR 20242401.png

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, AstronomyEnjoyer said:

00z HRRR gets me pretty good, but we all know how accurate that can be. Love the signal the higher resolution models produce on elevated terrain. They're not quite high enough resolution to completely nullify modeled accumulation "bloating" on the computer generated maps, and since I live so close to the Sunapee Massif I'm nearly always modeled (per geographic location on the map) as getting the goods even though I'm only at 890ft. My favorite hobby is choosing to believe that snow is mine. As it should be.

00z HRRR 20242401.png

1-3 right down the beaches...

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

A recommendation too would be take a look at current radars from Alb to OKX to BOX

Don’t see much in SNE except the stuff over SE CT and from PVD south 

back in east and central NY there is some stuff ahead of the change over line but otherwise it looks like 1/4” per hour maybe 

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

back in east and central NY there is some stuff ahead of the change over line but otherwise it looks like 1/4” per hour maybe 

It’s a general 1-3”  Nothing more than a stat pad . As our winters have become that 

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, AstronomyEnjoyer said:

00z HRRR 20242401.png

That looks like the current nexrad. Maybe south of PIKE does a little better?

5 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Yeah it’s meh. Maybe a decent band that gets someone near 2”. Then it’s days of showers and 40. Winter is awesome.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

A recommendation too would be take a look at current radars from Alb to OKX to BOX

inland areas N of 84 and esp in the hills look just fine for an inch or two but it aint happenin near or at the shore. It's 38 at HVN right now and 37 at BDR. also its been raining here 10 miles or so inland near sea level. 

we coat... intensity picked up a bit last hour, down to 30 now... amazing the plows just went by, but last week there was like 4" on the road and nothing for hours... they cancelled my boys basketball practice for 6, when it really doing nothing

2 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

we coat... intensity picked up a bit last hour, down to 30 now... amazing the plows just went by, but last week there was like 4" on the road and nothing for hours... they cancelled my boys basketball practice for 6, when it really doing nothing

only need an inch more to verify there