Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

On 1/11/2024 at 7:45 AM, 40/70 Benchmark said:

So what do you believe happens once the MJO progresses beyond phase 6 as the calendar flips to February?

I’m not looking out that far. Post Jan 20th increasingly looks like a torch period, a window of a week or more. 

On 1/11/2024 at 6:56 AM, jbenedet said:

But I see a big warmup beginning around the 20th. Not sure it can classify as a January “thaw” given how warm it’s been outside of far interior of NNE, but that’s the cliche. Might pass for a thaw after next week’s cold.

:maphot:

IMG_0559.png

IMG_0558.png

18 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

:maphot:

IMG_0559.png

IMG_0558.png

I take it you must be infatuated by the heat. It's so funny how you're so anti winter forum. Someone must have really hurt your feelings because you seem to have a vendetta out against this winter forum.

Just my observation

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 3

7 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

I take it you must be infatuated by the heat. It's so funny how you're so anti winter forum. Someone must have really hurt your feelings because you seem to have a vendetta out against this winter forum.

Just my observation

a vendetta?????

• Haha 1

Pope has posted in favor of winter storms before, but he likes to be ahead of the narrative. If he isn’t first on board with a system he tends to run contrarian so that’s why we’re getting a lot of heat trolling right now. 

But there’s nothing wrong with wanting warmth. There’s no rule where you have to cheer on snow and cold here. But obviously most are posting here with an interest in winter storms so obviously the warmth trolling starts to become a bit disrespectful. I used to cheer on as much cold and snow as possible, but now I’ve flipped and cheer on mild, tame winters. If we can get a biggie then I’m all for it as I like more bang for my buck. 

• Like 5

500mb isn't really telling the truth. Because of the modeled snowpack, the temps at the surface are only warm for two maybe 3 days before they cool off on the GEFS.

Now if they are wrong with snowpack, that will probably come in quicker. Just saying verbatim. It's like the opposite in April when we have pretty blues at 500mb, but it's like 5-7F AN at the surface due to sun and downslope conditions. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Sandstorm94 said:

I would not exactly call this "warm"... Using the same time stamps as your postf4b23fa4aa2ee2b32d9de35acec83d1f.jpgc9cff9b34cb3b3032f67741cb8dff5d8.jpg

Sent from my SM-S146VL using Tapatalk

And that’s at 7pm.  If there is a snow pack in clear skies, that is a night that will be in the single digits.

12 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Why?  What's the WX connection/connection with a post in this thread with this?   ...Or out of all of the different internet forums that you have open at once (minimum of 10), did you post this one here by mistake?

no I did not post by mistake....lol