• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

Through yesterday we are at 40% of our normal seasonal snow to date here in NW Chester County. If the models are correct we may get pretty close to normal seasonal snow to date over the next 6 days. Of course we don't shovel models! Some southern areas of Chesco could see some flurries later today but for most snow will hold off till after the 7pm hour. The NWS is forecasting 2" to possibly 4" across the area by the time the snow ends tomorrow morning. Sun returns Wednesday before our next chance of snow arrives on Thursday night. Temperatures for the next week will remain below freezing.
Records for today: High 70 (1932) / Low 3 below (1988) / Rain 1.07" (1898) / Snow 6.0" (1927)

image.png.ab2c5689c23f341f649f99a94b60e590.png

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

A frigid low of 19 last night and some nice light steady snow on the way. What could be better!? And oh yeah, it’s my birthday! Wife and I are heading into downtown Lancaster for some midday galavanting. Plus my Packers shocked the world ha. Lot to celebrate today! 

Happy birthday! 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GrandmasterB said:

Thanks! I figured it would be fairly awesome…and it is.

awesome enough, even if qpf ticks down a bit (as often the case as we close in on go time).  Not suggesting it will, but wont be surprised if that does occur.

• Like 1

It has certainly been a slow decade for snow enthusiasts in the area. Since 2020 we have only had 8 snow events that I would consider at least moderate (more than 4 inches) They are in reverse order
3/12/22 (4.3") / 1/29/22 (5.8") / 1/7/22 (4.3") / 2/22/21 (5.0") / 2/19/21 (7.5") / 2/7/21 (8.8") / 2/3/21 (16.6") and 12/17/20 (9.3")
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

A frigid low of 19 last night and some nice light steady snow on the way. What could be better!? And oh yeah, it’s my birthday! Wife and I are heading into downtown Lancaster for some midday galavanting. Plus my Packers shocked the world ha. Lot to celebrate today! 

Happy birthday neighbor! Have a wonderful day. :) 

• Thanks 1

Alright here’s my clown map for the storm, I saw a couple of you guy’s mention about snowmaps before the first storm so I’m gonna put one out for a change. Basically this is a general 2-5” event for all of C-PA. Meso guidance showing a stripe of perhaps a bit more somewhere in the LSV, likely coinciding with whereever the stripe of best forcing sets up. I think Adams/York/Lancaster have a half decent shot at needing a low end warning at some point. Other possible high spots are in the Laurel’s where upslope and even better ratios might add a few inches. 

This event should break NYC/Central Park’s streak without an inch of snow and settle down the Mid-Atlantic/95 folks some. 

2105883638_115snowmap.thumb.png.5c14941c26660423d83fdc5341d2c5b5.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

1 minute ago, MAG5035 said:

Alright here’s my clown map for the storm, I saw a couple of you guy’s mention about snowmaps before the first storm so I’m gonna put one out for a change. Basically this is a general 2-5” event for all of C-PA. Meso guidance showing a stripe of perhaps a bit more somewhere in the LSV, likely coinciding with whereever the stripe of best forcing sets up. I think Adams/York/Lancaster have a half decent shot at needing a low end warning at some point. Other possible high spots are in the Laurel’s where upslope and even better ratios might add a few inches. 

This event should break NYC/Central Park’s streak without an inch of snow and settle down the Mid-Atlantic/95 folks some. 

Nice map.

5 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Thank you - it has been a LONG time (years...and quite a few of them at that) since Lanco/York was in the middle of the bullseye on storm day. Here's hoping all win tonight. 

• Like 4

Christine on WGAL this morning indicated that while many of us see some flurries later today and this evening, she isn't really predicting much of any accumulation until overnight into the morning hours. Could be some weenie bailouts for several hours later today if her predictor map and thoughts come to fruition because we might go hours with some flakes flying but zero ground truth.