Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

A lot will depend on where that slp gets too...those south winds can scour like crazy when there is not much CAD. 

I know, but staying at or below projected highs says the airmass is a bit cooler. We need every bit we can get and I'm just happy that it's cooler than warmer. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Whoa big changes at Hr30.  Low now sits in the middle of the Chesapeake and somehow all mixing is held at bay for the LSV.  Much better but seems wonky. 

Weenie Rule 8: Never ever question the integrity of any model that gives you more snow.

• Haha 5

Less than 24 hours and our totals are improving!

Don’t laugh...Had to move my zero turn to get to the snowblower.

So while I had the zero turn running I gave the grass a quick cut. January 5th  :lol:

I’m ready to go tomorrow. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pawatch said:

So while I had the zero turn running I gave the grass a quick cut. :lol:

You know the rules, lower grass = optics that there is more snow out there...

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, pawatch said:

So while I had the zero turn running I gave the grass a quick cut. January 5th  :lol:

How close do you live to your neighbors? We won't laugh, but if any of them saw you, I'll bet they did.

Was out shopping today on my day off. Local stores are surprisingly empty for a fri afternoon thought for sure id have to wait in a line at giant and weis. not in and out hardly any people I dont know if this is case people understand you dont need 3 loafs of bread 2 gallons of milk and 64 eggs for a snow storm under 18 inchs lol. honestly the only snow storms I ever needed things cause we got snowed in was 1993 superstorm and 2011 storm juno. For juno I didnt get plowed out for a darn week.  Or could be the fact after the last 3 years people dont buy when the weather guys call for snow any more.

Up at cabin enjoying the dusting of snow otg and checkin in to tell you all to enjoy the storm. First in a long while. Stickin with my 3-6 from days ago. Hope everyone beats me ( and most should). 
Happy weekend. 24 deg was hi  up on top at cabin. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

On the Gfs, I'm literally on the line berween the pink and blue. Lol I'll assume it'll it will shift south by 2 miles.

https://www.pivotalweather.com/model.php?rh=2024010518&fh=30&dpdt=&mc=&r=us_state_de_md&p=sn10_acc-imp&m=gfs

GFS was actually a step back for you and I but who cares at this point.  Better for Northern Lanco and MDT areas  

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

GFS was actually a step back for you and I but who cares at this point.  Better for Northern Lanco and MDT areas  

Eh, here's our sounding though for the second frame of heavy stuff. With the rates we have, its definitely a snow sounding. Isothermal. 

gfs_2024010518_fh30_sounding_39.77N_77.41W.png