Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

3 hours ago, anotherman said:

Lots of focus on high temperatures on operational models over a week away. Focus on the pattern. El Niño is not known for super cold. Just cold enough.

Thank you ....thank you....

and thank you.  

Until the pattern is figured out by larger scale indicators....even the best snow map on a mid/LR Op run is a short hair more useful than boobs on a bull.  

I'll us tellies and Ens guidance all day and every day, and even though not always correct, still better than 1 silly run of an LR Op.  Ens guidance is many slight iterations of a general common basepoint, and while there are outliers, the ens mean is a good/great tool for longer leads when throwing darts at the weather board.

48 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

1/6-1/7 threat has makings of a monster if it can come together right.

That is the one I am watching as well....feel we are asking for too much beyond sloppy light stuff before then.  Need to see the papa op move toward it.  The PV suppression is one possibility.  I personally am not a fan of an arctic outbreak both due to the cold and supression.

• Like 1

Another cloudy but milder day with temps rising to near normal levels for late December. A slight chance of showers overnight tonight otherwise a nice warming trend that will last through Thursday before a return to near normal temps to close out 2023. Next rain chance is Tuesday and Wednesday this week.
Records for today: High 65.3 (2015) / Low 0 (1960) / Rain 1.41" (1907) / Snow 6.2" (1963)
image.png.dcd7f93e3a2a621f135b3032bebd3f56.png

Looking ahead it appears likely that this December will finish as the 4th warmest final month of the year since records began in 1894. See the Top 20 warmest and coldest Decembers below. Of note, in our current warm cycle the top 3 warm December's have all occurred just since 2006!! So does a warm December correlate to a less snowy upcoming winter season? The answer is overall yes. Only 4 of the top 20 warmest December's featured above normal snow seasons (avg. snow 36"). While 10 of the top 20 coldest Decembers featured above normal snow for the upcoming season.

image.png.706f18a5a605b71693ccfdecc32f8d23.png

There will always be those who post that are rude, obnoxious, just plain nasty. Over my many years of life, don't want to mention how many, I found best way to deal with them is just ignore them. Don't answer it, that's what they want to keep it going, they know they are getting under your skin. After time, some longer than others, they just fade away. They aren't getting any attention.  It might be hard for some to ignore, but trust me, it works. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NEPA MT TOP said:

There will always be those who post that are rude, obnoxious, just plain nasty. Over my many years of life, don't want to mention how many, I found best way to deal with them is just ignore them. Don't answer it, that's what they want to keep it going, they know they are getting under your skin. After time, some longer than others, they just fade away. They aren't getting any attention.  It might be hard for some to ignore, but trust me, it works. 

I want that discipline in the worst way

22 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Eps looks similar to Geps for the 7th. Still more snow would fall beyond the last panel of the run per qpf maps.

Last week my thinking was that by this weekend, good looks would start to show up on the maps.  Glad to see were getting there.