Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

14 hours ago, PSUWhiteout70 said:

Nope, those are the lazy ass freeloader geese that stay year-round now. All the others have flown south long ago. My father has a 1-acre pond that I have to chase these shit machines off of every other day because they eat all the feed he puts out for the geese he raises. 

I wish I had some Geese, as they make good "watch dogs."

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

A mild 35 here this AM.  May actually hit 40 today.    Rgem and Nam runs that showed cold lows this Am did not do well.

GFS back to upper 30's and 40's for highs to start the new year before colder air comes in day 5-6 of Jan.   That cold push squashes any decent systems on this run. 

Seems like it's the same ole story year after year. Biizz will be devastated!

4 minutes ago, anotherman said:

Lots of focus on high temperatures on operational models over a week away. Focus on the pattern. El Niño is not known for super cold. Just cold enough.

Exactly, highs in the teens here  with freezes to the Gulf Coast often means suppressed storms.

Give me “cold enough” all day.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Great posts this morning (as usual) by @CAPE in the Mid Atlantic thread on the good looks the the ensembles are showing for the first week of January.

We should have chances…

It is way out there but the EPS info Bob pointed out about a heavy emphasis on precip in the Gulf coming into the second week of January is a good sign even this far out.  Not impressed with it being cold enough for snow until we get past the first few days of January but somewhat excited days 5-15.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

6z GFS looks cold enough for snow from NYE onward with a few storms that miss to our southeast this run.

I’d much rather see this than seeing storms heading for the Great Lakes.

Again, we should have our chances.

I agree with you. Suppressed storms can and do trend west and slam the region. Cutters never seem to trend east. One they cut, they never seem to come back.

• Like 1