Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

18 minutes ago, paweather said:

IMG_2373.thumb.png.2df666aca663b808641f235e322df4e2.png

Now that we have most Ens guidance showing the change and we're inside 200 hrs, it should give confidence to better times a comin. 

For all the lovers of LR Op, go peek at the 384 GFS.  Looks like a doozy taking shape down south with cold a plenty in the MA.  Rolled forward the word "incoming" pops into my noggin.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Stunned at how warm it was this morning - 34 currently, looks like it briefly dropped to 31 earlier. Pretty big bust at least locally.

Hmmmmm I dropped to 28 and most of the WU stations immediately around me went even lower.  Interesting.  Just checking out the satellite loop and it looks like a wee bit of cloud cover may have snuck over your area when peak radiational cooling would have been occurring early this morning.  Could be the culprit??

21 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Hmmmmm I dropped to 28 and most of the WU stations immediately around me went even lower.  Interesting.  Just checking out the satellite loop and it looks like a wee bit of cloud cover may have snuck over your area when peak radiational cooling would have been occurring early this morning.  Could be the culprit??

Must have been? Thing is, I was only at or below freezing for about 75 minutes total. Most of the night (10pm to 7am) was either 33 or 34. 

I hope all of you enjoy the last day of Fall as winter begins this evening at 10:27pm. Great early winter weather continues right through Christmas day with only the next couple days running near to below normal temperatures. Well above normal temps by Christmas day with readings near 50 degrees. There is a slight chance of some snow or rain showers before dawn on Saturday. Our next solid chance of rain will be on Tuesday the 26th.
Records for today: High 62 (1971) / Low 1 below (1942) / Rain 1.56" (1902) / Snow 2.0" (1959)
image.png.3f4b31191c81bc9bf8757cd5bf724666.png

2 hours ago, canderson said:

Happy Solstice. Can we get some f'n snow PLEASE???

I have to say that, for now anyway, I actually enjoy the first day of winter.

Added benefit. On this new Office Depot account I drive on, I only go to Tucson, and then to Tempe. No more Flagstaff snow for me! 

:scooter:

• Like 4