5. March

6. October

7. September

8. August

9. June

10. May

11. April

12. July

I think I’d almost flip that exactly. Hate December. So dark and wet.  I know you love clouds and storms. 

5 minutes ago, Ji said:

This isn’t just a weather list lol

Holidays and complex blended family add to my stress and dislike of Dec.   lol

As empty nesters now. my wife and I have already decide we are going to book a warm sunny vacation in early December this year.  

3 hours ago, snownut said:

Holidays and complex blended family add to my stress and dislike of Dec.   lol

As empty nesters now. my wife and I have already decide we are going to book a warm sunny vacation in early December this year.  

So, you're vacationing in stephens city.  Let me know if you need any recommendations. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, IronTy said:

It's a verifiable fact that March is the worst month of the year around here.  Bright sunshine but cold temps with that seemingly never ending biting wind.  And then there are the days where DC is warm and 70F but it's 50F and overcast here next to the bay with an onshore breeze.

yep being by the ocean or a big body of water (bay, etc) is not fun in the spring at our latitude.  Water temps still in the 40s/50s with the onshore flow.

1 hour ago, IronTy said:

It's a verifiable fact that March is the worst month of the year around here.  Bright sunshine but cold temps with that seemingly never ending biting wind.  And then there are the days where DC is warm and 70F but it's 50F and overcast here next to the bay with an onshore breeze.

I think November is my least favorite weather month.  It starts to get chilly with shorter days, but it's not quite snow season.  I factor in psychology into how I grade months and I honestly think January might be one of my favorites simply because it can and does snow, but I also know that spring isn't too far off.

• Like 1

I think November is my least favorite weather month.  It starts to get chilly with shorter days, but it's not quite snow season.  I factor in psychology into how I grade months and I honestly think January might be one of my favorites simply because it can and does snow, but I also know that spring isn't too far off.

I love November. That’s when model watching starts! And winter isn’t a disaster yet
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, 87storms said:

November means saying goodbye to any chance of 80s (at least it used to).  It also means shorter days, T-day, football, Christmas, and hope of snow to come (and now no longer does).  It and October are my 2 favorite months.

3 hours ago, snownut said:

What time are the storms rolling through IAD?  Probably a bumpy flight.. I am scheduled to land at 5:45

Yeap that's right around the time that the front should be moving through IAD give or take 15-30mins.

What kind of plane are you flying in, btw? Boeing 757? 767?

1 hour ago, George BM said:

Yeap that's right around the time that the front should be moving through IAD give or take 15-30mins.

What kind of plane are you flying in, btw? Boeing 757? 767?

737  left on time and ETA about 20 minutes early.. very smooth fight so far.

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic