Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 2023

40/70 Benchmark

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

The monthly departures are looking much milder than prognosticated at end of November . I recall most of the conversations when that began. I’m surprised we don’t do a departure challenge monthly .

Are we looking at +5 or so by end of month , I’m just guessing ..no idea where we stand 

It’s been interesting. The real torches here have come with the rainers, with more seasonable temperatures during the dry spells. 

BDL

IMG_8008.thumb.jpeg.d6dc5ea1fb1c638be86a945e99eb1a1d.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Heh … I think you mean ‘feels and vibes are Trump science’

The continuity between the 0z and 12Z is maybe 15% at best. I don’t personally think the operation run has any more chance of verifying - day 6 to 10 range.  I still think it’s funny to point out the piece of shitness that it is.

Screenshot 2023-12-17 185936.png

• Haha 5

18 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

This has been showing up for days now and there is also one that looks exactly like for New Year’s Day as well. Groundhog Day in hell for winter enthusiasts 

How many times are we going to have to tell you not to use a 210 hour operational model output?  And the 18 z to boot. You're looking down the barrel of a five post.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, kdxken said:

How many times are we going to have to tell you not to use a 210 hour operational model output?  And the 18 z to boot. You're looking down the barrel of a five post.

LOL the 18z stuff is voodoo in my opinion, why would it be any different than 12z of 00z? And I did not post it, so, yeah.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yeah, hopefully after one more dog food storm after the new year we can start to shuffle things a bit. Climo is rapidly improving starting about now, so we have that, I guess.

Will is right in that late Dec through Jan 2003 wee brutal for you and I. A crusty inch in Marshfield to almost 2’ pack in Lowell. Don’t be surprised if we have a minor version of that.