Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Mid/Long Range Discussion

WxUSAF

10 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

Just have to stay with that look for 10 days 

Take it fwiw, but recent runs of the weeklies/extended products continue the same general h5 look well into Dec. Realistically the pattern will be variable with milder spells, but it's nice to see the guidance continue to advertise a favorable pattern overall.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Last Wednesday at 5:41 pm I said in this thread that I sensed the atmosphere was beginning to feel El Nino and moisture influx into our area would improve over the next 5 - 15 days.

The latest CPC thoughts give Virginia especially southwest of D.C. 2 inches of rain Tuesday/Wednesday.

The latest 18z deterministic GFS gives my area through D.C. 2 - 3 inches during this time-frame.

Was my call 3 days ago blind luck or divine intervention??

• Like 1
  • Weenie 2

17 minutes ago, stormy said:

Last Wednesday at 5:41 pm I said in this thread that I sensed the atmosphere was beginning to feel El Nino and moisture influx into our area would improve over the next 5 - 15 days.

The latest CPC thoughts give Virginia especially southwest of D.C. 2 inches of rain Tuesday/Wednesday.

The latest 18z deterministic GFS gives my area through D.C. 2 - 3 inches during this time-frame.

Blind luck? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

38 minutes ago, stormy said:

I’m gonna go with luck

one EPS member had a very naughty 34 inch storm in there but i counted 30 members that gave us something between now and early December.

On a side note: I dont think we have ever had a storm in the last week of November. We have had a white thanksgiving and a mid Nov Storm(a few years ago) and of course Veterans Day. But i dont remember anything ever happening the last week of November..

• Like 6

21 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

There’s an amped signal for a guaranteed vodka pac puke base state regime…….climate change 

Yikes.  I know you didn’t see hardly any measurable snow last year and this was far and away the lowest snowfall totals in since records were kept in northern md.  The last 20 months have been tough.  I think we will be fine though.  I would be shocked if our area doesn’t bounce back to the historical average with a season or two producing above average snowfall.

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic