• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Banter 2023

George BM

I was in Vegas over the weekend for a Wedding and had a blast.  It was in the 90s on Thur. and Fri., but didn't even hit 80 o Sat or Sun...kind of chilly. 

I was also very fortunate to get last minute tickets to see U2 at Sphere.   It was an amazing show and I'll post pics when I get some time tomorrow.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, snowfan said:

I found my first lantern fly on my street last week. My parents live < 70 miles north in southern pa and they see them every day. It’s only a matter of time. 

1 hour ago, mdhokie said:

Havent seen them in Ellicott City yet but coached a softball game in western hoco and they were all over the place.

No stinkbugs or lantern flies in Deep Creek either.

I haven’t seen any in Alexandria yet but they’re popping up in more places in FFX County so I’d expect we see them more regularly next year. There’s been a few reports of them in Garrett County - so many trees for them to ruin out there so I’m hoping they don’t like the elevation. ;) 

• Like 2

Little bit of the light snow at the 8200' level at Palisades Tahoe right now!

https://www.palisadestahoe.com/mountain-information/webcams

You want snow sometimes you gotta go west young man!

This season, intense unprecedented El Nino featuring bomb cyclones and unheard-of atmospheric rivers, Palisades will get absolutely destroyed and every last ski patrol person there will be totally PUNKED OUT by Christmas, and they will only barely be getting started! LMAO

21 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Who are we pulling for to face the Os on Saturday?

Rays or Rangers?

I would rather the O’s face Texas, since their bullpen is much weaker than Tampa’s.  But in 2014, I was happy when the 98-win Angels lost and we drew the Royals in the ALCS.  We know how that worked out lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

I couldn't really comprehend how this was going to look until the first real concerts.  Insane.

These were still shots.  Here is a video I found on youtube of most of the concert.  Take a quick watch to see how some of the moving  visuals looked....It really brings a new experience to a concert...almost like wearing a VR headset. 

• Like 3

On 10/2/2023 at 8:57 PM, snowfan said:

I found my first lantern fly on my street last week. My parents live < 70 miles north in southern pa and they see them every day. It’s only a matter of time. 

The brave entomologists out there are starting to whisper, remember the lantern fly Armageddon we predicted where agricultural crops would be devastated wherever they arrive? Yeah, well, we may have spoken a little soon...

Folks crying for rain In the Mid Atlantic always talk about the infamous DC Split. Down here in the heart 'o Texas where I reside, we have the Central Texas Split. Everything goes by us in Austin, either to the north or south. Tonight, we are getting northed.

I have absolutely given up all hope of ever seeing anything remotely green here in Buda, ever again. Record el Nino or not, we get missed. We are so damned good at getting missed by beneficial rains, that we have an honorary PhD in Rainlessness.

This weather system will miss us again. Everyone else in North America will drown in El Nino rainfall. Here in Central Texas, we will be left high and dry and [color=brown]brown[/color], as a Thanksgiving Turkey.

LMAO folks! See, we Texans fail so spectacularly, that I can't even get the CODE right. I tried so hard to get the word brown to show up in a brown shade. 

Utter fail. What else is new.

7 hours ago, Cobalt said:

Whenever my oceanography professor mentions something related to cold/snow in our area, he prefaces it by saying "if we ever have a winter again". I feel like he'd be a perfect fit in this subforum.

One of my met profs is a complete snow lover. Just makes me like the class more.

• Like 3

After being promised rain from this massive front for over a week ------ it's back to dry forecast for Buda, along with a massive warming trend beginning next week. Hello mid September lol. Incredible storms just to our north, just heartbreaking. Happy for those folks, but I would have given so much for just a taste of that torrential, life-giving rain.

9 hours ago, Cobalt said:

Whenever my oceanography professor mentions something related to cold/snow in our area, he prefaces it by saying "if we ever have a winter again". I feel like he'd be a perfect fit in this subforum.

Need to get him to join up. Stat. Gonna be a memorable winter up in here.

Okay folks. I own up.

I panicked. I was out delivering in the San Marcos region of south central Texas. One of my weather friends down here called me up. He was chuckling. He'd been readin my posts. He said YOU MIGHT WANT TO HAVE A LOOK AT RADAR. This was 150am local time.

That line has suddenly extended west and is going green to yellow to red. I sped home in a big hurry. Just got back put the anti rain cover on the car.

Looks like we might get smacked after all. I really didnt want to spend the night into sunrise, hiding beneath a gas station canopy just because my car has a very leaky roof.

I'm safe now, let it come. I want it to go nuclear, then stay on top of us for a long time. We need rain BAD. We just suffered under a FIERY SUMMER with no frackin' rain!

4 hours ago, Jebman said:

Okay folks. I own up.

I panicked. I was out delivering in the San Marcos region of south central Texas. One of my weather friends down here called me up. He was chuckling. He'd been readin my posts. He said YOU MIGHT WANT TO HAVE A LOOK AT RADAR. This was 150am local time.

That line has suddenly extended west and is going green to yellow to red. I sped home in a big hurry. Just got back put the anti rain cover on the car.

Looks like we might get smacked after all. I really didnt want to spend the night into sunrise, hiding beneath a gas station canopy just because my car has a very leaky roof.

I'm safe now, let it come. I want it to go nuclear, then stay on top of us for a long time. We need rain BAD. We just suffered under a FIERY SUMMER with no frackin' rain!

I grew up in the Hill Country and the old timers will caution you to be careful what you ask for. I was camping on the Guadalupe the night of the October 1998 flood. We knew some rain was expected overnight, but didn't expect to be woken up at 3am to the sirens and bullhorns of Sheriffs telling everyone to evacuate immediately. Our campsite was right on the river which went from 4ft to 35ft within hours of when we got out of there. That area can go from drought to deluge in a heartbeat. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Game #1 of the ALDS at OPCY is set for Saturday at 1pm. (exact time for first pitch TBD)

Game 1 Sat at 1pm in Baltimore 

Game 2 Sun at 4pm in Baltimore 

Game 3 Tuesday at 8pm in Texas 

Game 4 (if necessary) Wednesday TBD in Texas

Game 5 (if necessary) Friday TBD in Baltimore 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TowsonTownT said:

I grew up in the Hill Country and the old timers will caution you to be careful what you ask for. I was camping on the Guadalupe the night of the October 1998 flood. We knew some rain was expected overnight, but didn't expect to be woken up at 3am to the sirens and bullhorns of Sheriffs telling everyone to evacuate immediately. Our campsite was right on the river which went from 4ft to 35ft within hours of when we got out of there. That area can go from drought to deluge in a heartbeat. 

We were forecast to get .20 inch to 1 inch. I got up this morning and got the surprise of my life! THREE INCHES of fresh rain in the gauge and in all my beloved rain buckets. Mom's rain buckets for the plants were all brim full. That system last night was something else. It developed for our area in 2 hours. Then we simply got demolished between about 430am and mid morning.

Now all we need, is for the hurricane off the Pacific Coast of Mexico, to send all of its moisture, straight to Texas. I crave rain. I love to wish for lots of fresh heavy rain! Let's get annihilated by 15 inches this time!

I am not careful about what I wish for. I want an incredibly STRONG RECORD STRENGTH El Nino and all of the rains it brings!

I crave the STRONGEST EL NINO EVER, in human history!

6 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I subbed Fields for Howell right before the game. Stupid commies :axe:

Lol. The Commanders are a joke.

Will Rivera make it till the end of the season?

Rivera is a good man and was the  right man at the time when they hired him 4 years ago when all the BS off the field stuff was going on but he's not a good head coach.

Majority of his seasons between Carolina and Commanders are losing ones.

This is probably his last head coaching gig.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic