Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Octorcher or Roctober 2023 Discussion Thread

Damage In Tolland

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

I’m in the “leaning above” on that arbitrary NOAA map.  I’m “leaning” we do much better than last year in the snow department.  So there’s that. 

Not too scared by AN temps after last winter, mildest DJFM of 25 here but with 114% of avg snowfall.  Precip was ~3" AN for that period, with the 12/23 Grinch deluge (3.25") being the difference.

I truly think people were just too early with the assessment.  We continue to get decent orange and yellow now in the understory, even after the crowns have lost many leaves.

Some sugar maples that escaped the anthracnose browning have that classic (and lovely) tricolor foliage.  Sugar maples around our place all got hit by the fungi, color was weak and it's all sticks.  had some nice red maple color but they're empty now as well.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cold Miser said:

What an odd, narcissistic post.  Who the hell cares how how much snow one particular guy has in his own backyard...enough that it requires a poll?

I don’t blame him , he lives at 2400’ in A spot he bought due to it’s huge snowfall . I mean I wouldn’t have a poll in Nashua lol but at the biggest snow spot in S VT ya why not 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Not too scared by AN temps after last winter, mildest DJFM of 25 here but with 114% of avg snowfall.  Precip was ~3" AN for that period, with the 12/23 Grinch deluge (3.25") being the difference.

I truly think people were just too early with the assessment.  We continue to get decent orange and yellow now in the understory, even after the crowns have lost many leaves.

Some sugar maples that escaped the anthracnose browning have that classic (and lovely) tricolor foliage.  Sugar maples around our place all got hit by the fungi, color was weak and it's all sticks.  had some nice red maple color but they're empty now as well.

There were definitely trees that got the fungus around here, they all turned brown and dropped 1-2 weeks ago. But those that kept their leaves, be it late are all turning a beautiful color right now...view from my backyard this afternoon.

1697739626040.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WeatherHappens said:

I didn't buy one, but I should I'm getting too old to shovel lol....I don't even know how to use one.

The move here is to shop around, keep looking, talking about getting one, checking reviews, and then do NOT actually buy one.  Then you will be kicking yourself in April because you didn’t buy one, and it snowed like hell all season.  Thats the winning formula.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Hanrahan just said a widespread “Frost” very possible for inland areas in CT away from the shore for Tuesday morning.  

And wouldn’t you know, he said the average date of the first frost for inland CT, is right about when we could see it come Tuesday morning.   lol, if you listened to some of the info thrown around in here, you’d think we should have frosted a month ago. Or we won’t frost until December, But nope, we right on schedule according to one of our best pro METS.   

Hmmmm…I guess things ain’t so late and messed up as some try and make it seem after all.   

26 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Hmmmm…I guess things ain’t so late and messed up as some try and make it seem after all.   

Again I’m not posting this with an agenda (feel like that’s required now when talking warmth), but our average first freeze is Sept 30th in Morrisville-Stowe. 

Latest 32F is October 20, 2005.  That’s tomorrow.  We haven’t been below 39F.  I believe Mansfield was record latest too.

It is very late, record late up north.

A444E777-2FB3-4937-AA07-5EB2D3B458B5.thumb.png.f3047b92c7470ceb1291fa2bc26b9d88.png

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Again I’m not posting this with an agenda (feel like that’s required now when talking warmth), but our average first freeze is Sept 30th in Morrisville-Stowe. 

Latest 32F is October 20, 2005.  That’s tomorrow.  We haven’t been below 39F.  I believe Mansfield was record latest too.

A444E777-2FB3-4937-AA07-5EB2D3B458B5.thumb.png.f3047b92c7470ceb1291fa2bc26b9d88.png

That Northfield, VT record early freeze date looks bogus. There’s no way they pulled 32° on 8/21/2014.

image.gif

42 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Hanrahan just said a widespread “Frost” very possible for inland areas in CT away from the shore for Tuesday morning.  

And wouldn’t you know, he said the average date of the first frost for inland CT, is right about when we could see it come Tuesday morning.   lol, if you listened to some of the info thrown around in here, you’d think we should have frosted a month ago. Or we won’t frost until December, But nope, we right on schedule according to one of our best pro METS.   

I think we are passed avg first frost for the fake cold spots for sure. It’s been warm.

It’s not required. Most know what’s a troll post and what’s a weather discussion and observations. It looks like we start November cooler than last year, tho. If I remember, it was cooking until that cold stretch the week before thanksgiving or around thanksgiving. I remember something like a 5 day stretch of primo snow making temps after weeks of crap.

• Like 1