• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Autumn 2023

I haven't seen it posted before, so sorry if everyone has the link, but I've been using this Mesonet site for a while. When you zoom, it populates the map with more locations.  It's centered in western PA, but once it stops loading you can move it around with 1 finger.

I "X" out of the overlays, but that's up to you.

https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/map/?obs=true&center=39.4473115,-79.941553&density=1&zoom=7&basemap=OpenStreetMap&boundaries=true,false&obs_popup=true

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mitchnick said:

I haven't seen it posted before, so sorry if everyone has the link, but I've been using this Mesonet site for a while. When you zoom, it populates the map with more locations.  It's centered in western PA, but once it stops loading you can move it around with 1 finger.

I "X" out of the overlays, but that's up to you.

https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/map/?obs=true&center=39.4473115,-79.941553&density=1&zoom=7&basemap=OpenStreetMap&boundaries=true,false&obs_popup=true

thx for sharing.  Added to bookmarks for future use.  

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, pawatch said:

29 degrees this morning, first morning in the 20’s.

Frost number 4 on the truck windshield.

Fired the coal stove up last night for the first time this season.

Wow you got a coal stove. I thought I was the last hold out. I got a Harman stoker 34 years old. Just installed new parts last winter. I find it amazing that Reading the coal giant is buying up these smaller coal operations and shipping the coal to China for $500,00 a ton.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Wow you got a coal stove. I thought I was the last hold out. I got a Harman stoker 34 years old. Just installed new parts last winter. I find it amazing that Reading the coal giant is buying up these smaller coal operations and shipping the coal to China for $500,00 a ton.

Harman Stoker stove. First started burning coal was $80 a ton. Not even sure what coal is this year.

Its a nice steady heat.

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

There is a mention of snow in your zone forecast. 

It is a start!

Wednesday
A slight chance of snow showers, mixing with rain after 9am, then gradually ending. Partly sunny, with a high near 47. Northwest wind 8 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.