Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA Autumn 2023

47 minutes ago, Yardstickgozinya said:

On my way to Baltimore now.

Godspeed!

It's actually sad what has happened to Baltimore's Inner Harbor.  When I  was in law school back in the early 80's, the place was packed on weekends, a real party atmosphere.  It was a great place to go with plenty of bars and safe. Sure, an occasional mugging, but there were lots of cops around and they tried hard to keep it that way. Now, I would be reluctant to go there during the daytime hours, but that's me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jns2183 said:

It keeps coming further north and west.

I'm with @canderson buying wind being greater than forcast. Not sure up towards Harrisburg but definitely for southern Lancaster and York county210013_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Let’s hope this is not a sign for winter

6 minutes ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

I know some people hate it when it's rainy and dreary all day but it's pretty relaxing for me so I hope it's just a nice moderate rain the entire duration. There's just something about falling asleep to a nice steady rain that's relaxing af lol

I love them. The wind will be strong for me to enjoy unfortunately.  

Just now, Yardstickgozinya said:

Rain has just started in Baltimore. I took a few pics of the sunset on I83 on my way down while driving . There was a beautiful red hue the cast over the landscape as the sun set in southern York co this evening. 

I don't know how to resize pics or video with my phone . I'm not sure I can post until them until I get back to Pa.

7 hours ago, Jns2183 said:

So current pressure is 986mb and dropping. Looking at mesos and model they all almost initiate and don't drop below 995mb. The NAM drops down to 989mb 8 hours from now. So what happens if this thing makes landfall in the upper 970's or low 980's, which now seems very very likely. That's a 15mb+ difference between ground truth vs models. It seems the the models with stronger LP drove in further west and were slower a day or two ago. Not sure if that still is the same. Regardless. These models are initiationing with pressure significantly higher than reality.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

One thing to take away from this is how shitty the Euro has been. It completely fumbled this storm and isn't the first tropical track it screwed up on. It's been very bad as far as the tropics is concerned. The GFS has been performing much better. Wondering how much of that will apply going into winter.

• Like 1