Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2023

Stormlover74

11 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Hoping to get a track like this during Winter.

12z GFS brings a lot of moisture in on Saturday afternoon/evening with a strong Southerly fetch. Would be all rain for the coast but a very good track for the interior.

gfs_mslp_wind_neus_23.png

If by interior you mean West Virginia, The mid levels would torch all the way into central Pa and Ny with a low into Va 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NJwx85 said:

If it was January you would have a much stronger high to the North and the track would likely be up the coast instead of into the coast. 

Up the coast from the map you posted would be into eastern Pa. You would need a high to the north just to get a decent front end. The high itself doesn’t dictate low track in any month 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Up the coast from the map you posted would be into eastern Pa. You would need a high to the north just to get a decent front end. The high itself doesn’t dictate low track in any month 

It's all a hypothetical at this point. And I would rather spend Winter dealing with storms tracking into PA than storms tracking near Cape Cod.

4 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

It's all a hypothetical at this point. And I would rather spend Winter dealing with storms tracking into PA than storms tracking near Cape Cod.

I’ll give this a try. would love to track storms tracking near cape cod. Would screw the interior but be great for the coast. Ala Juno

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, guinness77 said:

Looks like we wouldn’t really get most of that moisture until Saturday night into Sunday and then most of the day, according to the GFS. Saturday looks like it could be a decent day but Sunday looks like a washout. 

Usually these storms move up in time but we'll see. Right now it arrives around noon Saturday heaviest at night

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Usually these storms move up in time but we'll see. Right now it arrives around noon Saturday heaviest at night

If that is the case, then your post is spot on. I’m just praying to get in a pickup footie game this Saturday morning. I’ll be 7 weeks removed from a partial tear in my calf. I’ve jogged and ran a bunch of half-speed suicides, but kicking the ball around and running and cutting is the real test. 

• Like 1