Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thursday, July 13 - Friday, July 14, 2023 Convection

weatherwiz

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

That stuff in southwest Connecticut working with some good parameters. Between 1,000-1,500 MUCAPE and some pretty good shear. Sfc instability is weak, but man if any cells can become surface rooted could see some large hail (plenty of hail CAPE) and damaging wind gusts. 

solid winds on velocity scans.. I wonder whats making it down to surface over Redding currently.. Thats about 20 minutes from here ... 

Just now, Sey-Mour Snow said:

solid winds on velocity scans.. I wonder whats making it down to surface over Redding currently.. Thats about 20 minutes from here ... 

Yeah looks like they could be gusting 40-45 mph...assuming winds are mixing to the sfc. Would be a good proxy to gauge whether any of this convection is rooted more sfc or elevated. 

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Future radar looks like a classic 7/10 split here, and the lines dying as it reaches us at the same time.

"Complete garbage by the CAMs lately. This stuff now, almost looks modeled better yesterday compared to now. They insist on killing it, but that ain't happening."

7 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Future radar looks like a classic 7/10 split here, and the lines dying as it reaches us at the same time.

Might be in the same boat here, heaviest looks to be along I-84 corridor west; while I’ll see some rain it looks like heaviest stays  south and west of me

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Not sure we recover much for widespread activity in SNE today. This cluster may mess it up. Might be some nocturnal stuff again tonight though.

I agree. It's going to be tough I think. If we were going to push dews into the lower 70's we probably would have had a chance. The last few runs of the HRRR I think indicate differential heating boundaries may be a focal point for re-development later today.