Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July has arrived ... the Meteorologically defined mid summer month

Typhoon Tip

59 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Man.. it’s 85/75 right now. Who in their right mind would not take this all summer! 

Saw 88/72 at MVL for probably the most uncomfortable reading.

Did the two-hour hike to the picnic tables and back with the dog between 4-6pm. Just got home and holy shit that heat takes it out of you. I’m smoked.

Its great for swimming but just about anything else it’s a tough go of it.  Golfing, hiking, mountain biking, evening softball league, etc… could all use a bit more COC.

The mini-splits though are a game changer.  Can’t believe we used to try to cool with the noisy units. Now it’s dead calm and quiet and a dry 68F inside.  Feels like central air. 

• Like 2

Did the two-hour hike to the picnic tables and back with the dog between 4-6pm. Just got home and holy shit that heat takes it out of you. I’m smoked.
Its great for swimming but just about anything else it’s a tough go of it.  Golfing, hiking, mountain biking, evening softball league, etc… could all use a bit more COC.
The mini-splits though are a game changer.  Can’t believe we used to try to cool with the noisy units. Now it’s dead calm and quiet and a dry 68F inside.  Feels like central air. 

Only did about 800 ft and the sweat was pouring off me..can’t imagine 2k vert.

28 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I mean if you’re active and in shape.. it’s good. Sure you work up a quick sweat. But it’s much better than a Coc k and 77/40 and shivering in the shade with a breeze 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

43 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yea I love them at my place in AZ. Very quiet and cool well even in the 110+ afternoons and nights in the 90s there. Even the outdoor condenser unit is quiet.

17 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I mean if you’re active and in shape.. it’s good. Sure you work up a quick sweat. But it’s much better than a Coc k and 77/40 and shivering in the shade with a breeze 

If you are shivering at 77F in the shade you’re too old already. That sounds like my late grandfather at 90 years old on his porch.

No idea how you survive the rest of the year if this is the most comfortable weather lol.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

84/72 still. Nice summer evening. I get it being hot for soft ball games with dilfs, but it finally feels like summer and not that shit all June where it clouded up by noon with a high of 68. 

Yeah it’s a novel change of pace. I’ll give it that. It feels like summer.  Give it a few weeks and I’ll be ready to move on.

I still want May back though. Torching dry RH, dying grass, no clouds for weeks, lol.

• Like 2