• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

Morning all, hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend. I was a bit off the grid, being at the Penn State game Saturday and out on the boat yesterday. I see my soft record fell yesterday ha, and I expect today’s to easily do the same. I gotta say though, it didn’t feel bad out on the water. The solid northerly breeze kept things decent. Would not have guessed temps got that high all around the area. Anyway, must catch up on some forecasting here and see what’s shaking. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Morning all, hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend. I was a bit off the grid, being at the Penn State game Saturday and out on the boat yesterday. I see my soft record fell yesterday ha, and I expect today’s to easily do the same. I gotta say though, it didn’t feel bad out on the water. The solid northerly breeze kept things decent. Would not have guessed temps got that high all around the area. Anyway, must catch up on some forecasting here and see what’s shaking. 

We had a hard day deciphering whether your soft record was correct.  LOL.  It was not too bad here on the land either....it is like Summer is wheezing and running out of gas as it blows its last gasp. 

• Like 2

Most spots reached the low 90's yesterday and should get close to that same level today. Here in East Nantmeal we were oh so close 89.4 degrees!! But, will have to hope today or tomorrow to reach the elusive 90 degree mark. My rooftop station (Tempest) did reach 92.1 degrees for the 3rd time this year... but both properly sited ground stations could do not better than 89.6 (Ambient) and 89.4. (Davis VP)
Records for today: High 95 (1898) / Low 42 (1988) / Rain 3.47" (1979)
image.png.567edf80ce97fafe4125c6cc412f59b1.png

8 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I also see a decent to 50/50 chance of rain each day for the next week starting Friday. It may take the northerners hitting 60" before @Bubbler86 hits normal but he has suffered worse with all those predawn waterings.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Next one coming up tomorrow Am at 5AM.  I wear my Ninja outfit to remain hidden. 

44 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

First read of your post and thought you said Mowing to start it off.  You and that word used to go hand in hand until the last few weeks. 

Yeah, not much mowing happening these days. My yard is worse (dead) than at any point this year. Driving around, it's striking just how brown everything is.

1 hour ago, mitchnick said:

Nobody posted the Euro Seasonal yet?

It's nice.

Nice to see you back (and now in our forum).  Been starting to look at long lead as the building nino may help with some fun periods this year.  I've seen a few early looks on the web and lets just say....i'd take what i read in a heartbeat.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, TimB said:

Is it possible to look at this thing and not already feel defeated, like December is already lost yet again?

Well last year looked great for december and we all know how that turned out.  While many of us like to get out of the gates early, Dec. is usually a toss up and not prime time anyway, so if we must wait for things to get a better look, so be it.  From this WAY early lead, cautious optimism that we've not looking down the barrel of another wall to wall ratter is ok by me. Hoping that look out west can hold wrt PNA and Aleutians.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TimB said:

Is it possible to look at this thing and not already feel defeated, like December is already lost yet again?

Some here feel like sacrificing Dec is how you get big snows.  I mean, how much credence do we put in prediction 4 months from now.  Last Dec was a big victory in the pattern and temp department.   

31 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Nice to see you back (and now in our forum).  Been starting to look at long lead as the building nino may help with some fun periods this year.  I've seen a few early looks on the web and lets just say....i'd take what i read in a heartbeat.

Same here good to see Mitch. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TimB said:

Well, this is what December 1986 and 2014, both Niños, looked like  and I'd take either one of the ensuing wintets. Warm Decembers in Niños is normal. 02' was unusual. 

TjLqkPCYgh.png

fKNTkhQa0a.png

• Like 1