• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Central PA Summer 2023

6 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

What's ur elevation? I see your sig has Pen Mar/Rouzerville. Pen Mar is near the top of the hills but Rouzerville is down the hill a bit.

I have 2 places. The one I am usually posting about is about 810 feet and on the way up the hill off Old Pen Mar Rd.  I have another place in MD Pen Mar that is around 1300' (near the park).  I list Rouzerville because I have nothing else to list but actually slightly outside and above Rouzverville. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

I have 2 places. The one I am usually posting about is about 810 feet and on the way up the hill off Old Pen Mard Rd.  I have another place in MD Pen Mar that is around 1300' (near the park).  I list Rouzerville because I have nothing else to list but actually slightly outside and above Rouzverville. 

Ahh, gotcha.

My wife and I  will often go to the Lowes in Rouzerville (though officially listed as Waynesboro by Lowes) for the drive and scenery. Really pretty out your way.

I have 2 places. The one I am usually posting about is about 810 feet and on the way up the hill off Old Pen Mar Rd.  I have another place in MD Pen Mar that is around 1300' (near the park).  I list Rouzerville because I have nothing else to list but actually slightly outside and above Rouzverville. 
What's the greatest snow difference you've observed between both places?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Ahh, gotcha.

My wife and I  will often go to the Lowes in Rouzerville (though officially listed as Waynesboro by Lowes) for the drive and scenery. Really pretty out your way.

We love having that Lowes there...and the Wal-Mart.  I am not a huge Wal-Mart fan but that one is not as bad as some others.  It does always feel good to come down from Blue Ridge Summit into Rouzerville where the Antique Mart, Bowling Alley, etc. are....our own little private area.  LOL. 

25 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

We love having that Lowes there...and the Wal-Mart.  I am not a huge Wal-Mart fan but that one is not as bad as some others.  It does always feel good to come down from Blue Ridge Summit into Rouzerville where the Antique Mart, Bowling Alley, etc. are....our own little private area.  LOL. 

Oh, that Walmart is great too, and I  AM a happy Walmart/Sam's club shopper.

My wife and I  seriously considered moving to Waynesboro back in around 2011 or 2012, but decided it was too far from our jobs. 

If it was up to me, we would have moved further n&w than Hanover. But with our daughter and her 3 kids all under 6 living on the se side of Hanover, we needed to be closer to them. So we're in Hanover Borough north of "downtown " to squeeze out as many snowflakes possible before the dreaded sleet line from the south hits. Lol

30 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

My wife and I  seriously considered moving to Waynesboro back in around 2011 or 2012, but decided it was too far from our jobs. 

If it was up to me, we would have moved further n&w than Hanover. But with our daughter and her 3 kids all under 6 living on the se side of Hanover, we needed to be closer to them. So we're in Hanover Borough north of "downtown " to squeeze out as many snowflakes possible before the dreaded sleet line from the south hits. Lol

Welcome to PA and welcome to our thread. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mitchnick said:

It is pretty far from a lot of jobs here.  If I was looking for a office job I would have to travel of 30 min and probably closer to an hour in Frederick.  Not much in Hagerstown or Chambersburg. Balt is a no go with traffic.  So understand your decision at that time (I noticed you said it is moot now lol.  We come to Hanover about once a month to visit the 2 big antique stores and stop at my favorite Mexican place across from the mall. The traffic in town is not great.  Lol.  I worked in spring grove long ago so very familiar with the area and like it....good choice.