• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

Me neither, but that one random poster seems to think it’s a really important PA location!
The airport out in Falls Creek is a secret international hub. Hundreds of millions of fruit flies and gnats take off and land from there daily. It is the Hartsfield International Airport for pestilence.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

May see some monthly all-time record highs in some of the higher elevations with the upcoming heat wave. Bradford could possibly see it’s latest 90 degree day on record, and DuBois could approach the monthly record high of 91.

Looking at NowData, there are only two instances of a high greater than 90 after August 9 - August 28, 1973 & September 3, 2011. Bradford registered it’s earliest 90+ reading on record just last year, when it reached 90 on June 16, 2022. The prior record was July 2, 1966.

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

We noticed!

We took a long, circuitous trip home through Adams County. Some remote areas once you get away from the 30 corridor. A whole lot of apple orchards!

Yea, you may have seen some signs talking about a path or trail......it takes 30-60 min but goes through the most beautiful part of the county showing off apple and other fruit orchards.   

• Like 1

Added a few more rural location chilly summer climate analysis rankings around the area:

• Western Chesco 130 years of data -8th coldest May-Aug & 13th chilliest June-Aug
  • Glenmoore PA finished with their 7th coldest May-Aug with 67 years of data & 23rd chilliest June-Aug
  • KMQS Airport 16 years of data in Coatesville finished with their 5th coldest May-Aug & 4th chilliest Jun-Aug
  • Hamburg (Berks County) 130 years of data - 12th coldest May - Aug & 18th chilliest June-Aug
  • New Holland (Lancaster) 32 years of data - 2nd coldest May - Aug & 5th chilliest June-Aug
  • KPTW Airport in Pottstown (Montgomery) 25 years of data - #1 Coldest May-August & 2nd chilliest June-Aug
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

We noticed!

We took a long, circuitous trip home through Adams County. Some remote areas once you get away from the 30 corridor. A whole lot of apple orchards!

Take 234 west of Biglerville and it gets real pretty real fast up into the hills covered in orchards. Take it all the way to Rt. 30 and you're at diabetes heaven.... Mr. Ed's. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Please, tell us more about the metropolis of Dubois…

The Williamsport-Pittsburgh bus used to stop there when I was going to school in Pittsburgh and the two years I lived there after graduating. I know it did.  I am sure of it. Nevertheless I cannot remember a darn thing about Dubois. 

I can remember a bit about Punxatawny, home of Punxatawny Phil the groundhog of course, but who knows if that is really from my bus trips or from seeing the Bill Murray movie they filmed there on TV through the years? 

1 hour ago, mitchnick said:

Take 234 west of Biglerville and it gets real pretty real fast up into the hills covered in orchards. Take it all the way to Rt. 30 and you're at diabetes heaven.... Mr. Ed's. 

Hollabaughs land. We go to the bins a few times each fall. Gets real backwoods confederate real fast unfortunately. 

4 hours ago, canderson said:

Hollabaughs land. We go to the bins a few times each fall. Gets real backwoods confederate real fast unfortunately. 

Not sure I agree with that, sure this area is more republican, but confederate is pushing it.  Heck I’ve seen more confederate flags in the Shiloh / Dover area than my area.   

6 hours ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

lol it's september first and weather channel is like AUTUMN HEATWAVE!! who even considers the beginning of September autumn? I know it's the official start of meteorological fall but come on

I would guess that 4/5 of people with any knowledge of winter consider the seasons in the Met way.  The fact that the Weather channel does means Met winter is probably the new norm (or at least they want it to be). 

3 hours ago, Coop_Mason said:

Not sure I agree with that, sure this area is more republican, but confederate is pushing it.  Heck I’ve seen more confederate flags in the Shiloh / Dover area than my area.   

Also, many of the wealthiest, liberal minded Adams County residents live in these so called confederate strong holds. 

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Outside the "Is Johnny Reb and Johnny Appleseed the same person" convo, GFS and CMC both have the next chance of rain on Thursday.   GFS caved and is now just low 90's today after advertising mid to upper 90's for the last week or so (CMC was too cool about 3-4 days ago as well so it moved up a bit). 

3 ensembles all show normal temps back in the area in the 7-8 day period.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

3 ensembles all show normal temps back in the area in the 7-8 day period.

Yea, I am still hopeful (sorry heat lovers) this is a one-week heat dome/wave.  Less hopeful about rain but at least chances will be there.  Another 'Cane passing by to the east in the Atlantic next week on the OP GFS.   That hurts our chances of rain. 

• Like 1