Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

3 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Be sure to let us know how much your water bill is for the month! :lol:

It was up about $100 over a 3 month period so $33/MO.  LOL.   I only water once a day, I think some do twice.   In Florida with the irrigation system,  the water bill was like a car payment each month. 

• Like 1

Still humid today before a secondary cold front moves through later this evening. Cooler and much less humid tomorrow. After today temperatures should remain mostly below normal for the rest of the upcoming week.
Records for today: High 98 (1900) / Low 46 (1944) / Rain 2.91" (1908)
image.png.37f2ede02b13272ce3f0471397673307.png

Also, sports fans. My stepson plays Jr. High Football at a local high school up this way. They scrimmaged Punxsutawney last night. Punxsutawney has a 7th or 8th grade kicker (soccer player) who consecutively kicked off from the 40 to the end zone, and then he proceeded to crush (and when I say "crush," I mean he cleared the post with 10-15 yards to spare) field goal attempts from 35 and 40 yards.

I didn't get a name. But I'm sending the used car salesman in State College a DM to get an eye on the second coming of Janikowski before Ohio State finds out.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Kickers/punters usually have to go to all these expensive camps to get a star rating, but he sounds like one of the very few where, if his coach isn't afraid to use him and he finds a good kicking coach for accuracy, that will be recruited like an actual star player. Imagine a high school kid pulling close to tucker percentages from 40-50 yards.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Our son that lives in Houston is still here and is loving this weather. He laughs at those here who are complaining. 

They had a record high and record high heat index the other day. Yesterday DFW hit a record high. Austin has hit 3 or 4. That heat dome won’t relent. 

• Like 1

Today should be near normal high temps for the day at near 80 degrees. Of note we have only reached the 80 degree mark 11 times through the first 26 days of August. Dry weather continues till towards Tuesday AM when shower chances ramp up. Sun returns on Wednesday but temperature look to remain below normal for the entire upcoming week.
Records for today: High 98 (1900) / Low 46 (1968) / Rain 5.25" (1971)
image.png.9925918daa1f7d8697c8c6a7599798d7.png
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

At least the Nittany Lions home opener is a night game next week...Saturday is looking very warm and quite humid with temps in the 80s. Should be a little more comfortable after the sun goes down.

I will be there! Probably the only home game I’ll get to this year, sadly. We do have our annual road trip though, which is Northwestern this year. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I will be there! Probably the only home game I’ll get to this year, sadly. We do have our annual road trip though, which is Northwestern this year. 

Ah, good 'Ole Ryan Field! Have fun at the best division 2 atmosphere in college football. LOL 

I was not expecting an AN day today but here we are - sunny and 87 already.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Superstorm said:

I don’t think I have ever seen a heat dome last as long as this one has in the central plains.

Same. It's been pretty impressive. One person I follow who lives in Oklahoma City had their AC system in their building break and nobody's around to fix it despite it 'being an emergency' where they live so they've been melting lol. Oh and it looks like this heat isn't letting up either

image.thumb.jpeg.7488ac3078bf99f60d10d1b4aec20605.jpeg