• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Central PA Summer 2023

Those high lows are the only reason August does not end up well below normal vs. near normal like it is slated to right now. 
I know. In 1961 they had mean max in both August and September of 83. That's also highest September mean max. Over the whole climate period our mean August max is 83.2, while over last 20 years it's 84.9. ours currently for August is 84.9 and should lower to 84.5 or so by months end. First week in September looks to be hottest week of year with second week maybe second hottest of year.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I recall you posting a note about Christmas pool parties in the past. 

one year at Christmas it was pretty warm, i mowed my lawn Christmas eve and went to the family Christmas eve party in Swim trunks :lmao:

17 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Christmas in July

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

what he said. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Ahh, notice I said mean monthly max temperatures instead of mean monthly temperatures. Our summer lows with moisture are far too big a hurdle to overcome. I think we would have better shot at just mean monthly max though

Ah you slick fella you, indeed you did haha.  Certainly more doable but would still be a hell of a feat!

9 minutes ago, canderson said:

Labor Day looks hot as hell. Mid 90s and humid af. 

Yeah I was mentioning yesterday about if we should be checking the record books for next week.  Potential is there to be roasting all week.  Labor Day's record at MDT is a soft 93, getable.  

49 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I'm pretty certain i will be in the pool during watching the PSU-WVU game, like 100% certain

Negative- 2nd week of Sept at the latest

I'll be there Sauss!  The drunk guy wearing white, should be easy to spot.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I know. In 1961 they had mean max in both August and September of 83. That's also highest September mean max. Over the whole climate period our mean August max is 83.2, while over last 20 years it's 84.9. ours currently for August is 84.9 and should lower to 84.5 or so by months end. First week in September looks to be hottest week of year with second week maybe second hottest of year.

Just so people remember the less than hot (for recent times) summer we have had when talking about Sept heat.  It has not been a broiler of a summer this year.   People meaning the genral public. 

19 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Ah you slick fella you, indeed you did haha.  Certainly more doable but would still be a hell of a feat!

Yeah I was mentioning yesterday about if we should be checking the record books for next week.  Potential is there to be roasting all week.  Labor Day's record at MDT is a soft 93, getable.  

I'll be there Sauss!  The drunk guy wearing white, should be easy to spot.

i only go to 1 game a year now. This year will be my first White out

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Nice!  Going to Iowa are ya?  You will not be disappointed, few things like it in sport.  Unfortunately, I can't make this year's whiteout, will be one of the only ones I've missed.  I generally only get to 1-2 home games a year anymore with the kids being so young.  I sell the rest of my tickets.

• Like 1

Just so people remember the less than hot (for recent times) summer we have had when talking about Sept heat.  It has not been a broiler of a summer this year.   People meaning the genral public. 
Haha, you know damn well they won't. I can also see this being a easy top 10 hottest September if not top 3

13 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I will be there as well.

7 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Nice!  Going to Iowa are ya?  You will not be disappointed, few things like it in sport.  Unfortunately, I can't make this year's whiteout, will be one of the only ones I've missed.  I generally only get to 1-2 home games a year anymore with the kids being so young.  I sell the rest of my tickets.

Going to Green Bay at Pittsburgh in November. Now who is this Clifford guy that made the Packers roster? :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I will be there as well.

Going to Green Bay at Pittsburgh in November. Now who is this Clifford guy that made the Packers roster? :)

Not sure if I told you this, but I'm a life-long Packers fan as well.  To say I'm shocked that Clifford made an NFL opening day roster as the backup QB is the understatement of the year.  Sadly, I fear it says more about the quality of Green Bay's QB room ugh.  As always, I hope to be wrong. 

• Like 1

A Shippensburg professor tackles heat island data.  He cites temperatures can be 18 to 20 degrees hotter in a downtown urban core like Harrisburg compared to the surrounding countryside. 

https://www.fox43.com/article/weather/urban-heat-islands-make-cities-even-hotter-green-infrastructure/521-a04460e4-0424-4e91-bd4b-8f06db4ad685

So team "Bitching just to Bitch" will be on full display?   People saying things like this is the hottest summer ever.
People have the same reaction to weather events as my fellow Steelers fans have to the team. For some the sky is always falling, for others it's super bowl favorites. People reactions to Weather/climate is more like teams sport fans anymore than not

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

People have the same reaction to weather events as my fellow Steelers fans have to the team. For some the sky is always falling, for others it's super bowl favorites. People reactions to Weather/climate is more like teams sport fans anymore than not

How do Eagles and Cowboys fans fit into your analogy?   I will admit that verbatim if the GFS played out, I would expect bitching.  That is too hot any time of the year. 

53 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

i'm pretty stoked honestly. I'm not sure why i have never gone to one before. 

44 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I will be there as well.

my friends wife wants to leave our house by 6am. I think she is nuts. that will put us there at 8am for a 730pm game. 

• Haha 1

Things not looking as potent for tonight's activity, particularly for those of us in the southeastern part of the valley.   As Bubbs mentioned, GFS is touting record-breaking type heat for all of next week.  Summer is delayed but not denied.
We rain hole well. Last mow of the year coming up soon maybe with the heat and dryness forcasted

2 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Not sure if I told you this, but I'm a life-long Packers fan as well.  To say I'm shocked that Clifford made an NFL opening day roster as the backup QB is the understatement of the year.  Sadly, I fear it says more about the quality of Green Bay's QB room ugh.  As always, I hope to be wrong. 

Oh I knew that very well and it's why I posted what I did.

And yes...I did not see that coming.

I do think Clifford is going to do very well for himself in the game of life. He's got a bright future ahead.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Not sure yet - but we'll definitely be there before noon. Best guess is between 9 - 11am. 

17 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I would like to be there by 11, not 8am :lol:

There is no time that is too early to begin tailgating!  With that said, I would also arrive in the 9-11 timeframe.  It's a marathon, not a sprint.