• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

45 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

GFS breaks up the hot stretch in 5 days.    In fact it only had 3 days above 90 at 18Z the entire 12Z run....only one in July (Fri).   Mid to upper 70's at 18Z 7 days from now. 

Those of you who keep detailed stats might be able to confirm or correct me if I’m wrong but I think it was summer of 2021 that there was a massive heat wave over much of the western and middle portions of the US, with unprecedented heat in the Pacific Northwest (and I believe in places like Wisconsin and Minnesota).

Here on the forum we kept dreading the heat’s inevitable expansion east, but it never really happened. We only had typical heat throughout the summer —some really hot days, to be sure— but nothing unexpected. 

Hopefully that will be the case this year, too. September is right around the corner. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Streak said:

Those of you who keep detailed stats might be able to confirm or correct me if I’m wrong but I think it was summer of 2021 that there was a massive heat wave over much of the western and middle portions of the US, with unprecedented heat in the Pacific Northwest (and I believe in places like Wisconsin and Minnesota).

Here on the forum we kept dreading the heat’s inevitable expansion east, but it never really happened. We only had typical heat throughout the summer —some really hot days, to be sure— but nothing unexpected. 

Hopefully that will be the case this year, too. September is right around the corner. 

The blizz fall thread starts in a little over a month.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Streak said:

I remember that well, great point to bring up right now. Nothing is a sure thing until it's happening. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I’m never starting a thread again!

I started the Winter thread last year & the season was a Disaster!

1 minute ago, Voyager said:

Wonder what would happen if I started it from out here...

So here we have the forum's snowminsta and the warminsta...snowminsta started a thread last year only to see it go down in flames. 

Okay, more like a bomb went off. 

If the warminsta starts it this year, things have to be better...right? 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That pulse of energy the HRRR kept touting was later than it suggested.   Not a ton of radar coverage for the evening chances.   GFS has two hot days this week then the heat shuts off until this passes to our east.

image.thumb.png.3620eaf4e85bed352a1aadeefc0f7b7c.png

That thing is a lot deeper than the image you posted from last evening's GFS. 

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

That thing is a lot deeper than the image you posted from last evening's GFS. 

Yea, it swoops up off the SE coast and just clips the US.  It is probably the first real threat to the US at this point but Texas to the Chessy bay is still in play.  LOL.  If it were to get that deep and go by to our East, that could usher in much hotter air in the subsidence behind/beside it. 

• Thanks 1

Looking at the Penelec outage map, that cell last night left a trail of devastation in its wake. I am still without power. An entire convey of crews just went past a few minutes ago and I saw one of the poles that got smoked by lightning.

The storm didn't have a lot of wind seemingly, but there was hail and insane thunder. Currently it's B-E-A-UTIFIL out here. Nice day.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Good morning folks.  I've been a bit out of the loop weather-wise the past few days.  I was surprised to see so much action on the radar this morning.  Although, nothing has fallen here yet.  Are we still in for a severe threat later today?  Record highs for both Thu/Fri at MDT are 99.  Doable?  National high of 124 at Stovepipe Wells, CA and low of 40 near Sand Creek Station, OR (whoa that's a high low).

12 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Good morning folks.  I've been a bit out of the loop weather-wise the past few days.  I was surprised to see so much action on the radar this morning.  Although, nothing has fallen here yet.  Are we still in for a severe threat later today?  Record highs for both Thu/Fri at MDT are 99.  Doable?  National high of 124 at Stovepipe Wells, CA and low of 40 near Sand Creek Station, OR (whoa that's a high low).

NAM 3k showed a decent line of storms going through this afternoon/evening