Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2023 - tracking the tropics

mcglups

23 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We recurve 

I mean 95% of the time that's the right answer but once in a while it doesn't.

Too far out to know for sure right now. 

Looks like a blocking high builds in as the storm is SW of Bermuda that could send it NW near the east coast. Isabel like track perhaps?

Probably the only way this gets to the US as there's no big negative tilt Midwest/Ohio Valley trough that'll tug it west. 

• Like 1

OTS still favored given the ensembles, perhaps even heavily, but it’s still too early to lock in any one solution—especially since we don’t have a well defined center yet. The op runs don’t mean anything right now, and color me skeptical on the ensembles being right in picking out the exact orientation, strength, and timing of troughing 7-10 days out. 

It’s really ok to be patient and watch things play out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lmao….the Ginxys and scooters just playing the overwhelming odds of a recurve, and crushing the hopes and dreams of folks.  

99% of the time it’s gonna be a recurve. Go with that every time, and you’ll be right every time(except within the last  100 yrs when it wasn’t like in ‘38 and in the 50’s with Carol and Diane and in ‘85 with Gloria, and with Bob in ‘91, and in 2011 with Irene, and 2012 with Sandy, and in 2020 with Isaias)….And yes, most times it’s a decaying dying mess if and when it does get up here, so it’s just really not much of a big deal even when it does hit. 

“BUT”, it’s is much too early to know this 100% goes OTS, at this early stage.  So Play the odds and you’ll most likely look smart 99% of the time(although persistence forecasting will eventually bite), as that’s always the obvious and most likely answer.  I agree, this is a recurve and a miss, only because it almost always is. But there are some interesting players looking to come on the field as 95L starts to approach, that could entice him for a visit.  But it’s To early to say definitively if he actually gets a true invitation.  

But at the very least, we now have something to watch over the next week, which breaks the boring monotony of the late summer doldrums. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

OTS still favored given the ensembles, perhaps even heavily, but it’s still too early to lock in any one solution—especially since we don’t have a well defined center yet. The op runs don’t mean anything right now, and color me skeptical on the ensembles being right in picking out the exact orientation, strength, and timing of troughing 7-10 days out. 

It’s really ok to be patient and watch things play out. 

"It’s really ok to be patient and watch things play out"

You must be new here.

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

56 minutes ago, Hoth said:

In the vein of "it's never aliens until it's aliens", it's never a NE landfall until it's an NE landfall. In the meantime, this is far more entertaining than :stein:

Yes, 100% agree.  And like you said, it’s something to look at instead of the nothing that has been our weather of late..,I mean even San Diego got a hurricane lmao, talk about low probability there, now maybe this is the year we get our turn too? 

• Like 1

Off topic some, but Was just thinking how the “I” named Tropical cyclones have been so notorious….Ione, Inez, Isabel, Irene, Ian, Isaias, Isidore, Igor, Ike, Ida, Irma, Ivan, Idalia.  I mean that I storm has been a bitch and infamous for many. That’s amazing when you think about it.  “I” has the most retired names of any letter in the Atlantic. 

Ok, back to our originally scheduled programming. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Off topic some, but Was just thinking how the “I” named Tropical cyclones have been so notorious….Ione, Inez, Isabel, Irene, Ian, Isaias, Isidore, Igor, Ike, Ida, Irma, Ivan, Idalia.  I mean that I storm has been a bitch and infamous for many. That’s amazing when you think about it.  “I” has the most retired names of any letter in the Atlantic. 

Ok, back to our originally scheduled programming. 

Kinda makes sense?  Deep enough in the alphabet that it tends to show up near the peak of the season when climo is most favorable for powerful storms. 

• Like 2