• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Spring 2023

42 minutes ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

Looks like chances of potentially hitting 90 again on Friday lol. Thursday also incredibly warm as well

Yup, Friday I bet we see 90s down in the LSV. Saturday looks like close to 80 then maybe down to only 10 or so AN. AT this point, anything less than 10 AN seems like a steal. 

20 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I remember singing that song until I fell asleep as a teenager in the 1970s. I was ecstatic that they resurrected this a few years ago. My wife said "that's the song you've sung for the past 30 years." Love it!

Love they brought it back!! It’s so catchy too lol

High of just 48 today here in Williamsport so the winter coat will come out of the closet again. Now I see this too:

Cloudy with snow showers mainly during the morning. High 48F. Winds W at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 60%

Will we really get any snow? I am not counting on it. High of 65 on Wednesday, then 82 on Thursday. 

11 minutes ago, pawatch said:

I see you had a boat go over the dam down there last week.

Those dams are drowning machines.

we did. For the life of me, i don't understand why people wanna fish near that damn dam. And yesterday, after all the publicity of the recent fatality, someone else had a boat to close to that damn dam. 

Typical up and down temps with spring weather. Well below normal temps today with highs struggling to reach the low to mid 50's. But a quick warmup to the 80's by Friday before a change back to well below normal by the end of the weekend into next week. Also a good chance of some rain starting Saturday.
Records for today: High 95 (1896) / Low 21 (1928) / Rain 1.43" (1924) and Snow 0.3" (1983)
image.png.66714856479460c145bd60e9195120c9.png
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sauss06 said:

we did. For the life of me, i don't understand why people wanna fish near that damn dam. And yesterday, after all the publicity of the recent fatality, someone else had a boat to close to that damn dam. 

It’s crazy, I know I wouldn’t want to be anywhere near one.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It is pretty windy and cold out.  Wind chill right now is in the low to mid 30's over here. 

A nice refreshing change of pace from last week!

1 minute ago, sauss06 said:

Mike, pull up a barstool and lets talk.............................

Driving home from work yesterday the sky was dark and grey and I sort of got lost in thought thinking I was on 322 west...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

49 degrees at 12:10pm. This is the spring high school sports weather I remember for many years in the past. 

Yes I remember track practice and the track meets with this kind of weather. I remember freezing during the practice sessions in jr.high and high school at Milton Hershey. That cold wind was nasty in the open down there.

• Like 1

This graph is from a meteorology student doing thesis work on extreme rainfall events. It's from the famous smethport, Pa 1942 event. The lines are recurrence intervals based on hydrology studies that are done for all the United States. The red dot is the observed event. There seems to be a major disconnect in exponential orders of magnitude. I'm sure part of the issue are standard fat-tail events are weird and smoothing for all points within a specified grid. But my lord, the upper bounds for what can happen at any one point in an area are off the charts compared to our models. 033ccb285de79510f2d13aa6b86ac3a5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I got a busted image on that graph. Is it just me?

Also it's flurrying. This is hekkin bullshit.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

I saw a picture from Kane this morning - nice little dusting of snow up there. Haven't seen that strange substance down here since January...