• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Spring 2023

Bradford notched its sixth 80+ reading of the month (not reflected on graphic below), adding to its record-breaking monthly total. Looks like a seventh on tap for tomorrow.
image.png.e0371cfa9cd58f36dc6260b71a4d8b3b.png
To put that into perspective, there have been 21 Julys (out of 64 years) with 7 or fewer 80+ readings at Bradford. So roughly 1 in every 3 Julys has fewer 80+ degree days than this month.
image.png.c25c313d2b9bf10b65169234021f86df.png

Yeah. It's been very, very warm up this way. I can only imagine how many sets of balls have been sweat off Bradforders to this point.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

GFS and CMC both showing the coming well BN period letting up a little earlier than yesterday so the last 2-3 days of April could get up to normal or above as to the race for any records (model talk, not a forecast).    GFS has a rain aided high in the mid 40's next week. 

You feel like we're going into a wetter, rainier period now? The rain is welcome but not the below normal temperatures.

19 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

At Anchorage Alaska Airport they measured 24" of snow on the ground. That is day 130 in a row of 20" or more on the ground. They will probably get a few more days. Previous record was 113 in 2004.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

My family that has been living up there since the 1960s have been telling me that this is the worst winter they've had in years. There have been a lot of very mild winters with BN snowfall, but this year they've had a "real Alaska" winter.

Well above normal temps for today and tomorrow before some thunderstorms arrive with a cold front tomorrow late afternoon into the evening. We could pick up as much as an inch of much needed rain with these storms. A turn to much cooler and well below normal temps looks to continue for much of the remainder of the month of April.
Records for today: High 90 (1976) / Low 24 (1928) / Rain 1.32" (1991)
image.png.819129d39fdcfa8a555aeb3539c335df.png

48 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

You feel like we're going into a wetter, rainier period now? The rain is welcome but not the below normal temperatures.

I think I do not trust the models right now so not counting on any of the rain shown after tomorrow afternoons stuff.  But do think we are well BN Sun-Wed or Thur with 2 forst/potted plant advisories. 

Interesting - CTP's P&C last night for Maytown today showed a high of 88. Now it's showing 82. Seems very odd that consecutive days appear as if they'll be significantly "cooler" than originally forecasted. That usually happens on days when precip arrives early or clouds hold on longer than anticipated...not so much on sunny days. 

• Like 3

Interesting - CTP's P&C last night for Maytown today showed a high of 88. Now it's showing 82. Seems very odd that consecutive days appear as if they'll be significantly "cooler" than originally forecasted. That usually happens on days when precip arrives early or clouds hold on longer than anticipated...not so much on sunny days. 
Shallow mixing on southeast flow. Last week it was on a west based flow so we had downsloping also

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jns2183 said:

At Anchorage Alaska Airport they measured 24" of snow on the ground. That is day 130 in a row of 20" or more on the ground. They will probably get a few more days. Previous record was 113 in 2004.

I have a buddy who lives in Bethel on the western coast of Alaska and boy have they been brutally cold lately. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, canderson said:

Watch out for any dams. 

Well only the Safe Harbor to worry about down here and if you have problems with that, well, you have bigger issues haha. 

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

He must be down south in Lake Clarke - there's no part of the river up our way that has that much open water. River is so low it's a rock bed in many areas. 

Spoken like a true river rat! Yes indeed, Lake Clarke. We have the river to ourselves today. So serene. 

• Like 2