Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 13-14th Nor'easter Threat

NJwx85

17 minutes ago, allgame830 said:

How in the hell can the 3k and 12k of the same model be so different can someone explain that to me and don’t give me the BS that just the model sucks we know that already…

I can only theorize that the 3k nam has a lot of "fake resolution."

It's like using digital zoom on a camera, something I'm well familiar with.  It looks like it's picking up a lot of extra detail not seen in optical zoom, but that extra "detail" really isn't there and can result in an inaccurate image with false detail.

Just say that the NAM itself is the digital zoom of weather models and call it a day/week/month/season lol

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, MJO812 said:

Yes it is

The meso low is what is causing these totals

Anthony soon enough this miserable winter will be official over and we can all set our sights on next year. If we cant get buried we might as well hope that Central Park sets the futility record = who wants snow in March that is gone the next day anyways

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mannynyc said:

1678827600-11WdbVOFjFg.png

This is what I mean

And yet this would still give the vast majority of the northern part of the subforum their largest snowfall of the year. This winter has been atrocious, so just accept any snow at this point. Sorry it doesn't look good for the city, but I'm honestly glad I moved further away this past year. 

• Like 1