• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Medium/Long Range Thread: The Empire Strikes Back

stormtracker

On another note, Amwx now has a zoom account.  Yay,  More fantastic ways to kill a storm.   Let;s hope we hear Wes and even my man psu on a show soon.  If Brooklynwx doesn't stroke out having to tamp down the weenies, might even have him on.  But let's get a concrete storm to track first.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

I'm not saying the ops are right, still should follow the ens for now. But what has been the tendency out West all season? That's all I'm gonna say on the matter.

We haven’t had the mechanisms in place to kick the WC trough east all season though.

We all have PTSD. That much is very, very clear.

• Like 1

Just now, stormtracker said:

If this forum's revenue was generated based on the ups and downs of the moods here, you and I would easily clear 100k per year in salary.

that'd be a heck of a lot better than what I do get for this thankless job

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Heisy said:

Love your PBP randy, half the fun is everyone’s reactions to great runs. We all want it. I thought Ji was being sarcastic towards you, idk….

On to ensembles….

He hit me at the wrong time.  I'm irritable af (non related to this board...H20 and Mappy know why).  Another delay @mappy and @H2O  Sigh.  I'm never moving back into my house.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, stormtracker said:

He hit me at the wrong time.  I'm irritable af (non related to this board...H20 and Mappy know why).  Another delay @mappy and @H2O  Sigh.  I'm never moving back into my house.

Unfuckingreal. People just don’t care to help others if it doesn’t benefit them. I’m sorry. Keep hope going tho. You will be back in your crib before we see snow again

• Like 1

If I can summarize this…The concerns wrt the initial wave if it comes out in one monster amplification like todays Ops are founded.  There is a lot of ridging in front left over from the current pattern.  Even with a block an over amped wave will push the boundary to our NW.  This is why we usually do better with the follow up waves in a blocking regime!  

The one fly in that ointment would be a crazy bomb from wave one could suck the air out of the pattern and squash everything behind it.  I don’t mind a 990 cutter to start the pattern…we don’t want some sub 980 monster firming a TPV over Ohio!  

Luckily if I had to root for the guidance to be over or under amplified at long leads I’ll take needing to root against the crazy once a decade anomaly every time!  

• Like 5

This has been a crappy winter but let’s hold off on saying something looks good when you can tell from early on…it wasn’t. Now your toying with people’s emotions who put their faith in you

Ensembles do look good. Some look VERY good. Saying otherwise would be a flat out lie. Your inability to not live and die by snowfall maps and OP runs at 10+ days isn’t Brooklyn’s problem. Don’t be a jabroni.
  • Like 3

Here is 58’ lead up, see how the wave is on the weak side, it’s just pinned under the block, then 6z GFS came out and I got super excited at seeing a very similar evolution…09a852557082d674dda449f2fd217309.gif

5bbdc7aff1e8bae5d5086af41ade28b9.jpg

……

And then since it’s 2023 models amped then hell out of the lead wave….

It’s a pretty big red flag :/

2851bd6f1b6c1c0d7f37bd78a5fddf00.jpg
5eff716a3e6ee75b0464939f89c1713e.jpg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Now you're talking.  Nah, he put me on tilt.  He thinks being an asshole is edgy.

But as an aside, this new flower I got.....<chef's kiss>.  If I don't have snow, I'll always have the devil's lettuce. 

This is sig-worthy :guitar:

4 minutes ago, Ji said:

This has been a crappy winter but let’s hold off on saying something looks good when you can tell from early on…it wasn’t. Now your toying with people’s emotions who put their faith in you

Can we get a double weenie emoji for Ji?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Hang in there friend!

9 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

You get access to the super secret staff forum.  You're welcome. 

the forum where were all laugh at wow? lol 

9 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

@mappy and I are down for that kind of career change after this week....

YES

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic