• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late February will be rocking. February Long range Discussion thread

Ji

@psuhoffmanmight disagree lol. Last 4 runs of the gfs show a storm and I take it as a win

The last 2 have a 996 low to the south of us. Pretty close agreement with its last 2 runs in the placement. Good consistency for 5 days out IMO.

If the low is further north it's snowing on us.

Better than tracking 60 degrees in February. 

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_21.png

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_22.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blizzard Hunter said:

I agree that the scenario depicted by the 12Z GFS is not going to happen. 

I'm just talking in general...we need good setups and things to work out near perfectly to begin with but this seems like a scenario that is a bit far fetched and the stars need to align. Upper low to closed and bomb enough to create its own cold air layer somewhere.

Just now, Baltimorewx said:

I'm just talking in general...we need good setups and things to work out near perfectly to begin with but this seems like a scenario that is a bit far fetched and the stars need to align. Upper low to closed and bomb enough to create its own cold air layer somewhere.

This idea that it will only snow in a perfect setup is stretching things. It just improves our odds. If a dynamic system forms to our south, then all bets are off. Do I think such a storm will develop? I don't think so. However, if models keep showing one developing, we need to pay attention. 

3 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Agree, now want me me tell you how this ends for ya?

• Weenie 1

Just now, Chris78 said:

Cmc also tries but ends up south and east. 

Probably doesn't work out in the end but atleast it's something to track. 

I have zero expectations we see snow over the weekend so if we do I'll be delighted.

Yeah, I honestly think it'll work out like the CMC which doesnt show that ridiculous snow in NC

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic