• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2023 Medium/Long Range Pattern Discussion Thread.....Torch or Tundra???

Carvers Gap

The MJO(which has been stalled in 3....and is still stalled in 3) is set to rapidly travers the warm phases.  It then could possibly be in phase 8 as soon as the 19th if the Euro is correct or a week later if the GEFS/CFS is correct.  Not sure I buy the slow traverse, but that is what is being portrayed this morning.   Meanwhile, the mid-month warm-up still appears on tap w/ cold fronts slicing through the warm air mass at regular intervals.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Carvers Gap said:

The MJO(which has been stalled in 3....and is still stalled in 3) is set to rapidly travers the warm phases.  It then could possibly be in phase 8 as soon as the 19th if the Euro is correct or a week later if the GEFS/CFS is correct.  Not sure I buy the slow traverse, but that is what is being portrayed this morning.   Meanwhile, the mid-month warm-up still appears on tap w/ cold fronts slicing through the warm air mass at regular intervals.  

Meaning somewhere from gulf coast to here could be in for severe wx episodes.  

23 minutes ago, Matthew70 said:

Meaning somewhere from gulf coast to here could be in for severe wx episodes.  

Tough to know.  I don’t track severe wx.  Anytime there is a lot of warm air and cold air though.....fireworks are possible.  The developing Nino likely dampens severe season...but outbreaks are always possible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carvers Gap said:

It is going to feel like spring this week.  After the miserable, cold, drizzly weather of last week, the sun feels awesome!  That said, I do not yet see spring on modeling.  My guess is that it arrives later in March, but the cold tries to hang on as Nino climatology fully takes over.

Yea, I think that I will be ready for Spring in a couple weeks for sure 

• Like 1

Carver, thanks for the link to the web cams!  I know it's a little off topic, but that is an awesome link. I was able to go out to Yellowstone National Park and Glacier National Park last June.  Just an incredible part of the world to see with your own eyes.  Would love to live out there one day.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, waltrip said:

Carver, thanks for the link to the web cams!  I know it's a little off topic, but that is an awesome link. I was able to go out to Yellowstone National Park and Glacier National Park last June.  Just an incredible part of the world to see with your own eyes.  Would love to live out there one day.  

Yeah, that guy runs a great page.  He runs StarValleyWx in western WY.  It is just a small webpage outfit.  I believe he used to work at the Sever Wx Storm Center in Oklahoma.  He runs a great website.  His webcams are awesome.  I am definitely a winter wx junkie!  I loosely track winter storms out there just for fun(and I don't post about those).  

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic