• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2023 Medium/Long Range Pattern Discussion Thread.....Torch or Tundra???

Carvers Gap

35 minutes ago, Icy Hot said:

Local met @ wjhl says snow next Friday. Rare for him to mention snow that far out. Obviously signs are improving.

Interesting.  Yeah, that is pretty bold given that is 8 days out.  The 6z GFS is a cutter for here(lost the Miler A look...we can blame WJHL). LOL.  I feel less optimistic about that storm (for MBY) than I have. The ensemble indeed looks more like the 0z Euro.  My gut says this goes to our west.  The Canadian is a full cutter.  For whatever reason, I like the window for TRI between March 10-20.  That is awfully late for a winter storm, but that window has nice blocking and is cold.  Is it cold enough? IDK at this range.

• Like 2

Wyoming road crews are struggling to keep I-80 open.  4' drifts reform right after they open them.  The southern coast of Oregon got a very rare snow storm.  Since we are basking in the warmth(well predicted by models!), we can enjoy some sights out West.  While road closures are not rare in WY, the extend and duration are eye opening.   

Great photos in this thread of the recent storm in Wyoming.  Slammed!  Likely some severe runoff issues during April/May/June.

\https://www.sweetwaternow.com/wyoming-continues-to-dig-out-of-recent-snow-storm/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That is crazy, man!  We had some wind up here, but nothing like that.  Did you see a lot of wind in Powell?

Not really. The line that developed gave me 30-40mph gusts but that’s about it. We did have sustained winds of 25-30mph for about an hour before the line moved in. After that the wind just stopped.

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic