Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January/February Mid/Long Range Disco IV: A New Hope

stormtracker

11 minutes ago, IronTy said:

Thanks bruh. At my worst I would get a panic attack just lying back on my couch because apparently my amygdala was afraid that I might possibly fall asleep.  Luckily those days are in the past.  CBTi and SRT for the win.  It was a very humbling experience for me.  When your mind fails you it totally upends your life, right?

Ohhh it most certainly does. Mind not right, life not right. Been struggling with depression, anxiety, ADD, mild (undoagnosed) ocd...so I feel that, and sorry you've had to struggle with it to. From the looks of it you are certainly not alone here on this forum. 

For me, the best thing has been Lexapro. I've bounced around other antidepressants, but that one is the most steady (it was actually the first thing they gave me as a teen). Glad you've found something that's worked for ya, man.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IronTy said:

This pic is famous amongst the "moth community".  I've been doing this shit for 35yrs, I know how to raise them thicc.  

Citheroniaregalis5lonpecanMarylandtc (1).jpg

Why?  Not joking or putting it down.  Just seriously want to know! Is there an ecological benefit?  Or do you just think they are cool and they are like pets?

But yeah, those look similar to the tomato plant eaters.  And the horn worms they try to sell us at the pet store for my son’s bearded dragon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Ohhh it most certainly does. Mind not right, life not right. Been struggling with depression, anxiety, ADD, mild (undoagnosed) ocd...so I feel that, and sorry you've had to struggle with it to. From the looks of it you are certainly not alone here on this forum. 

For me, the best thing has been Lexapro. I've bounced around other antidepressants, but that one is the most steady (it was actually the first thing they gave me as a teen). Glad you've found something that's worked for ya, man.

Haha!  Holy cow I'm supposed to start Lexapro as of today.  I've tried about 15 ADs so far and they all work awesome for depression within a day or two of starting them...but unfortunately they all are like applying the gas pedal for anxiety so it's a nightmare ...which leads to worse insomnia which leads to worse anxiety and depression...which leads to insomnia and so on.  But I've made quite a few life changes over the past 12mo and I'm started to sleep better which seems to be improving depression.  Ah well, we'll see.  Amazing how many people are dealing with this shit when you really start asking. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, WesternFringe said:

Why?  Not joking or putting it down.  Just seriously want to know!

But yeah, those look similar to the tomato plant eaters.  And the horn worms they try to sell us at the pet store for my son’s bearded dragon.

I've been rearing them since I was 7yo, or about 35yrs.  Not sure I can answer why.  It's like trying to catch the biggest fish or raise the perfect cow ...you're always trying to raise the largest caterpillar.  I also sell ova online which...why not really impacting my financial situation, makes a lot of people (mostly teachers) happy because regalis and imperialis are very common in the MA but much sought after in the rest of the country.  

And btw, these are about twice the size of some candy ass manduca sexta you buy at the pet store. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WesternFringe said:

Reverse psychology, or have you really gone negative on us when we most need your positive vibes?  Lol

Oh no. Reverse psych doesn’t work and we all know it.  I’m just legit tired man.  I really needed the distraction of a snow event. I’m going THROUGH it irl brother.  I’ve legit given up.  It’s cool tho. Of course I’ll still be checking the models and dropping in, but meh…

6 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Oh no. Reverse psych doesn’t work and we all know it.  I’m just legit tired man.  I really needed the distraction of a snow event. I’m going THROUGH it irl brother.  I’ve legit given up.  It’s cool tho. Of course I’ll still be checking the models and dropping in, but meh…

I hear you.  Hope you feel better soon.  I have resorted to looking to chase possibly.  I tend towards seasonal depression and snow is its kryptonite.  Likewise craft beer and the strains I cultivate, but snow is the best.  Hope we can cash in on a forum-wide 1-3/2-4 event at least before this winter turns to spring.

We had some heavy sideways flurries for an hour or so today, so that helped a little.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic