Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2023 Banter

George BM

Just now, Stormchaserchuck1 said:

You probably have a good heart. The "ownership of this board" doesn't really know what they are moderating..

It's 99% non weather posts, no one since Vawxman in 2005 has really given any new scientific information on here. 

Chuck, if you don’t like how it’s run, then please leave. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stormchaserchuck1 said:

Just tired of waiting on people to approve me when what I'm posting isn't really trash. That's all. all good. do as you like. 

I haven’t been here since this morning. There were some 14 posts you’ve made today, three were unapproved when I checked, which I approved them all as soon as I saw them. Please find patience and stop calling us trash. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ji said:
15 minutes ago, Clueless said:
Contemplating a move to somewhere in Virginia where it snows. My heart is in the Blue Ridge. (That’s something from a Philly kid.) And, obviously, no HOAs. Any thoughts?  

Lol it snows nowhere in Virginia

I’m staying positive. Plus, Aspen is out of my price range. 

17 minutes ago, Ji said:
20 minutes ago, Clueless said:
I’m staying positive. Plus, Aspen is out of my price range. 

Got to go to deep creek...even though Maryland is a trash state...or cannan valley...Virginia can't compare with those 2 areas

Love the Blue Ridge. I love everything up and down 81. And on either side of it. I used to live in MD and got my grads out of UMCP. So I am a fan of the state. But full-time at Deep Creek is a no. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Clueless said:

Love the Blue Ridge. I love everything up and down 81. And on either side of it. I used to live in MD and got my grads out of UMCP. So I am a fan of the state. But full-time at Deep Creek is a no. 

Even the west side of the 81 corridor was bare and 50 degrees today. On the drive to and back from deep creek this weekend, there was a lot more snow OTG and colder west of cumberland. Once I got east of cumberland, the snow seemed to vanish. 

Btw what’s wrong with deep creek? Loved it. I wanna go back

• Like 1

Even the west side of the 81 corridor was bare and 50 degrees today. On the drive to and back from deep creek this weekend, there was a lot more snow OTG and colder west of cumberland. Once I got east of cumberland, the snow seemed to vanish. 
I have a remote job. Would live there in a heartbeat
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ji said:
9 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

I have a remote job. Would live there in a heartbeat

If you bought a house there and then airbnb’ed it, you’d make a killing

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

Having our place out there for 6+ years has been a game changer for our winters and my sanity. I suffered for years with 35 and rain while N&W was snowing lol.

It really is another world there in the winter compared to even 50 miles east - a bad winter there (this year) is a well above average winter here. 

We also love summer there - a hot day is like 80-85 and the lake provides so many activities.  It’s our happy place to get away from the craziness of the beltway. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Having our place out there for 6+ years has been a game changer for our winters and my sanity. I suffered for years with 35 and rain while N&W was snowing lol.

It really is another world there in the winter compared to even 50 miles east - a bad winter there (this year) is a well above average winter here. 

We also love summer there - a hot day is like 80-85 and the lake provides so many activities.  It’s our happy place to get away from the craziness of the beltway. 

We’ll definitely be back for the summer and fall. I can only imagine what it’s like with peak foliage

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Terpeast said:

I know. I’ve been there many times. I just love west and southwest Virginia. Definitely would like to ditch an HOA. Hard to do that in NoVA.  

• mappy unpinned this topic