• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

Meanwhile - 

The west coast has been, and will continue to get blitzed by AR storms over the next few weeks. Incredible rainfall in the bay area (saw some projections of over 30" of rain near SF) with heavy Sierra snow - @Mount Joy Snowman Mammoth is already well over 200" for the season at the base and they look to pick up at least 8 to 10 feet over the next 7 days. I've been hoping for one of their patented 500-700" winters and it might just work out for me. 131 days until I'm there...

19 minutes ago, paweather said:

CTP is all dry at the end of the week through the weekend. 

Typical post frontal upslope snow flurries/showers for the normal folks.  Down here....BO RING...but will feel more like the season should.  All eyes to Sun/Mon...lol's.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Meanwhile - 

The west coast has been, and will continue to get blitzed by AR storms over the next few weeks. Incredible rainfall in the bay area (saw some projections of over 30" of rain near SF) with heavy Sierra snow - @Mount Joy Snowman Mammoth is already well over 200" for the season at the base and they look to pick up at least 8 to 10 feet over the next 7 days. I've been hoping for one of their patented 500-700" winters and it might just work out for me. 131 days until I'm there...

It's definitely needed out there (here) even if I don't particularly like it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Voyager said:

It's definitely needed out there (here) even if I don't particularly like it.

It was abnormally dry out there last year, and the valleys (where everyone in CA lives) depend on Sierra snowmelt for their water supply. Not to mention the increased wildfire risks that originates from dry winters. 

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

GFS blows up a nor'easter JUST too far east for us next Wednesday - storm forms off the Carolinas and bombs out as it moves NE from there. It's a Garden State mauling on this run. 

Gotta be honest.....with how bad the GooFuS has been lately (see verification scores), I don't trust it at all.  If Euro catches on, then I'll be interested.

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

GFS blows up a nor'easter JUST too far east for us next Wednesday - storm forms off the Carolinas and bombs out as it moves NE from there. It's a Garden State mauling on this run. 

Not sure what you think, but through 226, this is arguably one of the nicest runs we've seen in an while.  Verbatim we'd have a few chances at some fun.

I'm liking the look. Ridge and trough axis is decent, and storms coming from the south would be most welcome.

1 minute ago, anotherman said:

Gotta be honest.....with how bad the GooFuS has been lately (see verification scores), I don't trust it at all.  If Euro catches on, then I'll be interested.

Just now, pasnownut said:

Not sure what you think, but through 226, this is arguably one of the nicest runs we've seen in an while.  Verbatim we'd have a few chances at some fun.

I'm liking the look.

What I like is we're about to enter a period that should provide us with some opportunities. That's a start -we can figure out details later on, but at least we can potentially see our way to victory. Can't say that in the current pattern. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, anotherman said:

for upcoming event we have a general consensus that something is coming.  Euro hasnt regained the crown yet.  JMO, but i'd take consensus over 1 model.  

FWIW, the Euro is similar wrt this weekend and is "onboard" for something.  

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

To your point - below is the Canadian depiction for the exact same time as the GFS image I posted above:

gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_31.png

and to your earlier point about the pattern and how it can deliver, the pic you posted here, is a rather decent look w/ SLP/HP placements into a trough in the east......hand me the dice....I'll roll em with that look...even if a day later. 

thru 288....GFS says bowling balls east as the "ridge" out west is somewhat muted (PNA only slightly + as I suggested yesterday). 

Even though its not a big storm "diggy" kinda look in the east, its surely a fast flow deal and as we all know....if you throw enough chit into da chute....you're eventually gonna get hit by some. 

4 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Meanwhile - 

Howdy.  Yeah I did see the Sierras were in for another walloping and was thinking of you.  Things are shaping up nicely for your trip.  A solid early pack indeed.......

nsm_depth_2023010405_Sierra_Nevada.jpg