• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

btw where did this snow come from for monday night ? sat i saw nothing but maybe some showers tuesday the chance for snow was gone and the storm looked a bit weak early sunday I saw people talking for tuesday for snow then it changed to monday night quick hitter. but southern PA is gonna miss most of it if we get any thing it will be washed away. But I have a interview up north later on monday. So I dont wanna be surprised 

11 minutes ago, Ruin said:

btw where did this snow come from for monday night ? sat i saw nothing but maybe some showers tuesday the chance for snow was gone and the storm looked a bit weak early sunday I saw people talking for tuesday for snow then it changed to monday night quick hitter. but southern PA is gonna miss most of it if we get any thing it will be washed away. But I have a interview up north later on monday. So I dont wanna be surprised 

On your way up, if you see a guy carrying a trailer load of stuff to an auction, give him a wave.  Good luck with your interview. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The rare Canadian/Germany combo.  

All of the models have had good snow hits for this event for us at varying times. It was the GFS that originally raised the excitement level for this storm with several great runs late last week. Then the Euro & Canadian had multiple good to great runs on Friday & Saturday. 
Bottom line, we have several combos of good model runs since late last week. The final story is yet to be written.

21 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

On your way up, if you see a guy carrying a trailer load of stuff to an auction, give him a wave.  Good luck with your interview. 

thanks I dont wanna move for a job but 32 a hour to do the same job I was let go down here at 18 lol go figure right. I guess cause I have exp now in this field 

Increasing clouds today with highs in the low 40's. Rain or sleet should start during the 7pm hour with sleet becoming the main precipitation type across NW Chester County before transitioning to all rain before ending overnight. The NWS has a small sleet accumulation possible across NW Chesco tonight. Seasonably cool tomorrow in the low 40's before warming again by Thursday with showers. Could see another wintry mix by Friday.
Records for today: High 73 (1997) / Low 2 (1934) / Precipitation 1.33" (1958) / Snow 3.0" (1907)
image.png.98f75f2bcd895d968033e090d3ff4069.png

Mornin' all!  I was on vacation all last week so I only loosely kept an eye on the board.  By vacation, I don't mean actually going anywhere; rather, just no work while still being stuck at home with a one-year old, two-year old, two dogs, and a wife.  Make of that statement what you will :)

Thanks @Bubbler86 for the shoutout on the monthly temp prediction.  I see we are at 40.8 heading into the last two days.  I think we knock a couple tenths off and come in juuuuust ahead of 1998 for second place all time, only losing out to the impressive 41.3 average from 2017.  March looks to be much more reasonable, perhaps even on the chilly side.  As others have mentioned, I'm sure our April and May will be plenty miserable to make up for things haha.

As for this weekend, I've been watching but consider me on the "meh" side of things.  I expect, well, the expected ha.  What I mean by that is probably our standard scenario of a brief front-end thump of snow, quickly changing to sleet and plain rain as the secondary development occurs too late, and then hoping for some back-side snow that never comes.  This seems like a New England special.  As always, I hope to be wrong.  Good to be back, cheers mates!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Mornin' all!  I was on vacation all last week so I only loosely kept an eye on the board.  By vacation, I don't mean actually going anywhere; rather, just no work while still being stuck at home with a one-year old, two-year old, two dogs, and a wife.  Make of that statement what you will :)

Thanks @Bubbler86 for the shoutout on the monthly temp prediction.  I see we are at 40.8 heading into the last two days.  I think we knock a couple tenths off and come in juuuuust ahead of 1998 for second place all time, only losing out to the impressive 41.3 average from 2017.  March looks to be much more reasonable, perhaps even on the chilly side.  As others have mentioned, I'm sure our April and May will be plenty miserable to make up for things haha.

As for this weekend, I've been watching but consider me on the "meh" side of things.  I expect, well, the expected ha.  What I mean by that is probably our standard scenario of a brief front-end thump of snow, quickly changing to sleet and plain rain as the secondary development occurs too late, and then hoping for some back-side snow that never comes.  This seems like a New England special.  As always, I hope to be wrong.  Good to be back, cheers mates!

Welcome back friend! Completely agree about the weekend though I might be even more bearish than you. 

Mammoth is under a Blizzard Warning. 5 feet of new snow, 4-5 feet more expected by Wednesday. In town they'll be over 500" and well over 600" on the hill.

Did we pick a great year to head west! They expect to be skiing into August now.

35 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Welcome back friend! Completely agree about the weekend though I might be even more bearish than you. 

Mammoth is under a Blizzard Warning. 5 feet of new snow, 4-5 feet more expected by Wednesday. In town they'll be over 500" and well over 600" on the hill.

Did we pick a great year to head west! They expect to be skiing into August now.

some of the pictures i saw from out there :lmao:

1 minute ago, sauss06 said:

some of the pictures i saw from out there :lmao:

It's amazing - I don't know what they're going to do with all of the snow in town. They've been trucking it out for weeks as the town is clogged, and that was before 10 feet of new snow that they're in the middle of receiving now. There is already over 50 inches of water content in the snowpack on the mountain. (base is 200-268" and growing) Think about that. Hopefully the Sierra has a slow melt later this spring or it's going to get ugly in the valleys. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Howdy!  Don't get me wrong, by front-end thump I mean more of a front-end whimper.

Yes I've been keeping tabs on the happenings out west.  Just astounding the year they are having.  Setting up perfectly for you.

So, for both tonight's event and the Friday storm, you know where I'd want to be in PA?  As always......Laporte.

• Like 2