• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It is indeed, but breaking 2 all time records in one "winter" is still impressive. Only one date remains with a record high under 60. 

That's what I was thinking too when I was looking at some of the records yesterday. It's amazing that that one day still has a record high below 60. For my town the record was 57 degrees on February 7th and that record still hasn't been beaten for so long lol

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, canderson said:

Don't worry we'll get a foot of snow on March 28 to make the average look like it was a fair winter. 

You could get a foot in May and it still count for winter.   I do find it curious with all the worst winters ever comments.  We are not that far removed from 2019-2020.  If this winter does not change course at the end I will have trouble listening to much info about how it is not really different than the past.  Two close to worst ever snow and temp winters within 2-3 years of each other.   But I am forever the optimist, and I am not making a call for worst winter in early mid Feb. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

You could get a foot in May and it still count for winter.   I do find it curious with all the worst winters ever comments.  We are not that far removed from 2019-2020.  If this w=inter does not change course at the end I will have trouble listening to much info about how it is not really different than the past.  Two close to worst ever snow and temp winters within 2-3 years of each other. 

Can you look and compare temps? It's not so much the lack of snow (although NYC is still shut out with a legit chance they don't get a flake). It just seems we have SO MANY 10+ AN days. I've had to put on a actual coat 6 or so days this winter. It's a damn travesty. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, canderson said:

Can you look and compare temps? It's not so much the lack of snow (although NYC is still shut out with a legit chance they don't get a flake). It just seems we have SO MANY 10+ AN days. I've had to put on a actual coat 6 or so days this winter. It's a damn travesty. 

Here is the month compare between the Met seasons.  The far-right top line number is departure from norm.  Not going to add the 3 months from each season since we are only part way through Feb.    We actually had a BN month this season though!   It is in the mid to upper 70's in WV right now! 

Dec 19-20

image.png.5787bd721af4098c0015e3e1db60fec7.png

Jan 19-20

image.png.e4ab47c85588e5207c761f2fd187af25.png

Feb 19-20

image.png.237a091edb8599937f49f31ab8735f04.png

Dec 22-23

image.png.5919ffe96aa0017880d9fd038964cd5e.png

Jan 22-23

image.png.5f1504aaf91ab326e0415573ca495fa3.png

Feb 22-23 SO FAR

image.png.08212442f9c693c04742f13728c28af7.png

• Like 1

I believe Central Park recorded 0.4” of snow.

JFK could get a shutout. I’m not sure they recorded measurable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

You could get a foot in May and it still count for winter.   I do find it curious with all the worst winters ever comments.  We are not that far removed from 2019-2020.  If this winter does not change course at the end I will have trouble listening to much info about how it is not really different than the past.  Two close to worst ever snow and temp winters within 2-3 years of each other.   But I am forever the optimist, and I am not making a call for worst winter in early mid Feb. 

Same. Once we enter early March then I think it's time to worry imo

• Like 1

3 hours ago, canderson said:

Don't worry we'll get a foot of snow on March 28 to make the average look like it was a fair winter. 

Tbh that would be awesome, and it would cause fun amounts of chaos likely. I get more depressed about snow in January when it’s like 7 out and it’s gonna hang around forever and get grey and ugly.

6 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Since some of you like to talk basketball, what do you think of the Kevin Durant trade? Does it put the Suns over the top? They gave a lot to get him, just wondering if it was worth it.

If he gets healthy definitely yes. I think that’s the wildcard of the deal. Sixers didn’t do much this year but they can win the east. Played Boston close last night in Boston. Bucks will be tough but they can do it I think.