• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

20 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

So, our winter really hasn't been that bad because other areas suck more?

Again, a lot of regular contributors to this thread are no where near 5" for the season. And some are still under 1".

Not saying that whatsoever…you are reading into my comment way too much…

Just pointing out the levels of bad are all relative.

Our Winter is certainly bad, but it could be worse.

1 minute ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Not saying that whatsoever…you are reading into my comment way too much…

Just pointing out the levels of bad are all relative.

Our Winter is certainly bad, but it could be worse.

I'm really not trying to be combative with you but for areas of Lancaster that are under 1" - tell me how much worse it can be?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It felt chilly this AM with our low of 23.5 degrees but that is actually only 1 degree below normal. Our ongoing "non-winter" has us feeling more like North Carolina climate this season! After today we return to more of an Carolinas climate as we see temps back into the 50's to even 60's by Thursday! Best rain chances this week will be Tuesday AM and Wednesday night into Thursday morning. Both the European and GFS models have some accumulating snow by next Saturday....but we know how that has gone this season!
The records for today: High 70 (1981) / Low 7 below zero (1903) / Precipitation 1.08" (1960) Snow 10.0" (1979) this was the 1st day of a 2 day storm that brought 15.2" of snow to our County.

image.png.7d32ff5291b0115ea138a74cfc6c560e.png

33 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm really not trying to be combative with you but for areas of Lancaster that are under 1" - tell me how much worse it can be?

It’s pretty bad everywhere in east, but my original comments were pointing out the 5 & 10 in Harrisburg & Williamsport compared to the other disastrous totals in the region.

It’s not good anywhere outside of Buffalo!

7 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

It is surprising/amazing places like Syracuse and Albany have that much with what has transpired. 

4 hours ago, canderson said:

Rochester is the worst. That’s insane. 

Here in Syracuse we actually have the largest deficit for what is normal though. We're 55 INCHES below normal to this date. Did get a couple inches of lake effect overnight, so make that 53 inches below normal. lol

Nice view this morning:

331033334_914071053114445_8288697235847274384_n.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Same even here in my neck of the woods we've gotten maybe 3 inches the entire season so far and this might be one of the most abysmal winters I've ever seen. I didn't realize you guys were doing even worse

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TugHillMatt said:

Here in Syracuse we actually have the largest deficit for what is normal though. We're 55 INCHES below normal to this date. Did get a couple inches of lake effect overnight, so make that 53 inches below normal. lol

Nice view this morning:

The general consensus I get from talking to other people in the industry is that AT THIS TIME the current winter far out does 2019-2020 due to the large area of record break low snow totals....to basically go along with your thought. 

• Like 1

Just got a call from family who said they heard we are getting a major snowstorm next weekend.  The media must be primed to broadcast this one as they heard it on Channel 8.   18Z GFS looks very snowy with varying rates of snow all day Saturday and temps in the 20's.   The combined snowfall for the two storms next weekend and early the following week is 18-24" KUCH for the LSV.

Winter must also be defined by more than just snow. In addition to almost being shutout snow-wise, it has NOT been cold. My lowest temp for the entire month of January was 25 degrees- that is an AN temp for virtually the entire month and that was the coldest morning.

Some of our other snowless winters featured some cold weather. Outside of the couple of days around Christmas it's been warm.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Just got a call from family who said they heard we are getting a major snowstorm next weekend.  The media must be primed to broadcast this one as they heard it on Channel 8.   18Z GFS looks very snowy with varying rates of snow all day Saturday and temps in the 20's.   The combined snowfall for the two storms next weekend and early the following week is 18-24" KUCH for the LSV.

Let’s do this!

Late Winter save!