• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

This New York Times article about how weather people talk about weather is free over at Yahoo, so I thought I'd share the link. 

We need to do a better job communicating weather conditions and risks to Americans. My sense is some of the people who died recently in Buffalo's blizzards really did not realize the risk they were taking. Same out West with the rains, although far fewer died.

I do not know what we do with the people don't pay attention or who discount and dismiss all weather warnings -- and there are a lot of them.

But we can do something about people getting stuck. Now that so many employers threaten people's jobs over leaving early, not finishing deliveries, coming in late or not at all per weather conditions, I think the government is going to have to be a lot more aggressive in closing roads. What else can be done when employers won't care about employees? Earlier road closings would have saved lives in Buffalo, I think.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/talk-talk-weather-130437818.html?.tsrc=fp_deeplink

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The 18z Euro has a good low track for Sunday from eastern NC to the southern DelMarVa to Atlantic City, NJ.

It delivers a solid Advisory event to most of CTP. It looks to be juicing back up again, so with this track, hopefully we can ramp up snow amounts a bit closer to game time.

C86DEC3E-4AB9-4C5B-BCD7-9DE3ABA23DC2.png

633F121B-7B06-4EF2-A7CC-3203483B9DB7.png

8E697346-D550-4166-9250-AF3E8975D622.png

Blizz you got the luck! 

40 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The 18z Euro has a good low track for Sunday from eastern NC to the southern DelMarVa to Atlantic City, NJ.

It delivers a solid Advisory event to most of CTP. It looks to be juicing back up again, so with this track, hopefully we can ramp up snow amounts a bit closer to game time.

C86DEC3E-4AB9-4C5B-BCD7-9DE3ABA23DC2.png

633F121B-7B06-4EF2-A7CC-3203483B9DB7.png

8E697346-D550-4166-9250-AF3E8975D622.png

Here is the 18z Euro snow map

58F0DE90-9066-42AD-9ADB-7F3E23C17F17.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Good news on the 0z Canadian for the next Wednesday potential. Better confluence & High Pressure to the north and quicker transfer to secondary near the coast leads to a good front end thump of snow for all of us with an eventual change to mix event.

710716B9-3E73-4ED1-9AF6-AA6B9278D3C6.png

1DC9DA75-48AF-4FA1-A148-D117C6AF0A2E.png

E6087EE7-6A09-46ED-B697-5C5EC1926716.png

Here is the 0z Canadian snow map for only the period for the next Wednesday potential.

62F0F6BF-8274-488A-9A7B-709F02592D0D.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MAG5035 said:

Not sure why my WB hasn’t loaded any of the 0z GFS in yet but in the meantime.. here’s the early prediction sure to go wrong just issued from CTP.

image.thumb.jpeg.f0d74394d9f44d21a8a2623cedf1ec57.jpeg

they do this all the time for lsv they love to downplay snow amounts and the little to no accumulation has got to be fav words at that building lol 

Still no 0z GFS tonight, they can keep it unplugged lol. Here’s 0z Euro for the Sunday storm

image.thumb.png.dd7dbf1c778f85fe529f37d5a64a0cdd.png

And for Wednesday’s storm:

image.thumb.png.35319745cf9070228032b163ac9f18c9.png

Euro achieved this with the 2nd storm despite taking a straight up primary up the Ohio Valley to Erie with little secondary development. Progged an okay high to the north allowing for a pretty big thump up front. Using Kuchera here, the 10:1 actually had higher amounts on the fringes of the accumulation swath. 

6 hours ago, CoralRed said:

This New York Times article about how weather people talk about weather is free over at Yahoo, so I thought I'd share the link. 

We need to do a better job communicating weather conditions and risks to Americans. My sense is some of the people who died recently in Buffalo's blizzards really did not realize the risk they were taking. Same out West with the rains, although far fewer died.

I do not know what we do with the people don't pay attention or who discount and dismiss all weather warnings -- and there are a lot of them.

But we can do something about people getting stuck. Now that so many employers threaten people's jobs over leaving early, not finishing deliveries, coming in late or not at all per weather conditions, I think the government is going to have to be a lot more aggressive in closing roads. What else can be done when employers won't care about employees? Earlier road closings would have saved lives in Buffalo, I think.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/talk-talk-weather-130437818.html?.tsrc=fp_deeplink

Yep the system is just becoming more and more brutal as time progresses. The fact corporations and companies do this to their employees is just vile. Because at the end of the day they don't care about you. I had one job in the past at a small business around here that didn't mind AT ALL if you had to come in late or not come in at all if it snowed badly. They would never hold it against you. They're a small business and could handle it so why can these mega corporations not handle it?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MAG5035 said:

Not sure why my WB hasn’t loaded any of the 0z GFS in yet but in the meantime.. here’s the early prediction sure to go wrong just issued from CTP.

image.thumb.jpeg.f0d74394d9f44d21a8a2623cedf1ec57.jpeg

This image has basically been the story for the whole season around the Harrisburg area. We've constantly been right on that line between rain and snow so we've hardly had any accumulate yet so far.