Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall 2022 Medium-Long Range Discussion

CAPE

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

That’s some legit cold air (for November) before and especially after that storm. I’m going to look back at the last 10-15 Novembers and see where upper 10s/low 20s would rank if we manage to get that cold.

50 minutes ago, CAPE said:

CMC has impressive cold too, but no storm.

BWI minimum November temps going back to 2009. So I think there’s a chance we get in the colder tier (23 and under). Teens at BWI would be quite impressive.

27, 25, 22, 24,21, 23, 28, 18, 19, 25, 26, 25,28

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, CAPE said:

Idk, kinda hard to be too concerned about any outcome given we're still in November.

Agree.  Any cold is good cold…cold is not promised to anyone.  I really want to wear a sweater on Thanksgiving while carving the Turkey like in the movies.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Agree.  Any cold is good cold…cold is not promised to anyone.  I really want to wear a sweater on Thanksgiving while carving the Turkey like in the movies.  

It looks chilly going forward and overall, despite the recent warmth, its been a very enjoyable Fall.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Daniel Boone said:

Wonder where snowman19 is .? Hmmm, wonder what he's thinking of that big EPO Ridge that just shouldn't be so far east according to his belief regarding the NPAC SST Profile. Lol. 

He can only make 5 posts a day because he sucks. He has been here revenge weenie 'liking' though.

• Like 6

GFS and Icon say Saturday is the coldest morning. GGEM and Euro say Sunday. GGEM is kooky cold (it has low level temp issues), but euro is quite chilly also with widespread low 20s. Idea of a late weekend storm looks dead for now.

On a different note, didn’t tropical tidbits have Euro weekly last year? I don’t see it now.

Pulled from the SNE forum... I know it may be centric to them... but still good disco

6 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

You can see the AO/NAO trying to ramp up on the EPS. We lose the PNA ridging out west but at least we still have cross-polar flow via the -WPO. This pattern isn't super cold, but it's not warm either. Prob a lot of chances in that type of pattern if it holds into December.

Nov14_00zEPS360.png

5 hours ago, brooklynwx99 said:

this is actually very similar to the first half of Dec 2010, believe it or not

the anomalies are of a much higher magnitude in Dec 2010, but the general waveform is almost a dead ringer

Composite Plot

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, yoda said:

Pulled from the SNE forum... I know it may be centric to them... but still good disco

It's not really centric to them, and the potentially favorable pattern depicted on LR/extended guidance going forward has been discussed quite a bit in this thread as well.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

^that’ll do…seems like our current cold pattern holds into ~Thanksgiving or so, then we probably relax. If we reload (hi @leesburg 04!) by 10 December, we could be in good shape with conducive climo supporting snow events.

The current cold period is impressive for Nov, but we suck at snow at this juncture. The RELOAD looks to be timed during a period where we suck a little less at snow. Lets go!!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

^that’ll do…seems like our current cold pattern holds into ~Thanksgiving or so, then we probably relax. If we reload (hi @leesburg 04!) by 10 December, we could be in good shape with conducive climo supporting snow events.

I'll try not to use the word "reload" more than once for the winter. 

Oh wait... shit.

• Haha 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic