• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2022-2023 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

Gotta love the 3k NAM literally sucking in dry air and wrapping around the ULL thus choking off the precip.  Thanks God its the NAM showing this right now and not the GOOFUS or EURO.
nam-nest-se-rh700-1676030400-1676145600-1676221200-10.thumb.gif.b9682ab8cd91e66514f93657fe095da6.gif
The dry slot was always my main concern. I was hoping that wouldn't be a concern this far north. The 2009 ULL memories still sting. That was the first time I ever saw a TV met break down and cry on air. Poor Ben Tanner.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

I’m going to hang on until tomorrow before I let the fat lady go warm up her voice but the trends certainly aren’t positive atm. Even with an ULL, it’s tough to watch us work with only marginal cold air all the way into lower Canada. Truly an anomalous pattern we’ve had this whole winter. The things I’d do for a 1040 in the Ohio valley right now!

• Like 1

3” gives me double digits for the year (and it’s already mid-Feb). I feel like that’s not asking for much just below a 4000’ ridge line in a NWFS area but this winter it seems it is.  ULL are so tricky I would not want to be a forecaster whether behind the scenes or in the media. I’m already prepared for Spring to be like all the past recent ones I.e. not Spring like at all and messing up fishing conditions.    All I have to say is when the tide changes we are due for a big storm or “bad” (good if you like cold and snow) winter in order to average things out.  Cyclical nature and all that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Phelps said:

Wow, GSP with 8-12 across most of Avery County.  Not sure I saw that coming overnight.  

@MotoWeathermanis it going to be raining or snowing when we wake up Sunday morning on Beech? :lol:

LOL...looking more and more like rain at that time.  I'm in Dahlonega GA right now and was debating going up to Beech.  But I'm holding off until the Saturday morning runs to make that call.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

The Euro was another step down. 

In some ways for sure. But it was the first run in a while on any model to come colder aloft. Something to at least keep an eye on cause despite the stronger vort cutting north quicker, logic also says it should have better dynamics for cooling if it can overcome the poor daytime timing.