• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Michael Butler
    Newest Member
    Michael Butler
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2022 OBS Thread

Rtd208

We have picked up 2.29" of rain so far here in East Nantmeal over the last 3 days with 0.10" falling since midnight.
Rain amounts look less today but it still looks like some showers will be around till later tomorrow.
The record high for today is 91 degrees set in 1919. The record low is 26 degrees set back in 1899. The daily rainfall record is 1.21" set in 1985.
image.png.eded409f8317228ddb0a6fdf1be89c79.png
  • Like 1

The remnants of Ian are becoming a hybrid low near the mid-Atlantic coast with a shallow warm core (mainly 850 mb and above).   The interaction between this very slow-moving low and a strong high pressure system over E Canada and the NE US is creating a major, multi-tidal cycle coastal flooding event from northeast NC to southern NJ  that will continue into Wed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, RedSky said:

Enormous slug of moisture crashing the entire Jersey coast from the Atlantic right now, such a giant guidance fail.

By the way, meant to mention to you and Birds that I normally monitor the Live Storm Chasing guys and have seen more and more freelancers on that including one who was going all weekend who I discovered was running on there out of Ryan Hall Ya'll's outfit (Brandon Copic)!  :lol:  OMG.  That guy's a nut but I like the chatty ones anyway.

Also meant to mention that I think you brought up the Fujiwara ballroom dance going on with what was left with Ian earlier.  I was thinking it would do a completely transfer but all it seemed to do was step out onto the dance floor and took a partner.

Am now up to 0.54" for the day, 4.13" for the event and it's currently 48 and misty with dp 46.

8 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

By the way, meant to mention to you and Birds that I normally monitor the Live Storm Chasing guys and have seen more and more freelancers on that including one who was going all weekend who I discovered was running on there out of Ryan Hall Ya'll's outfit (Brandon Copic)!  :lol:  OMG.  That guy's a nut but I like the chatty ones anyway.

Also meant to mention that I think you brought up the Fujiwara ballroom dance going on with what was left with Ian earlier.  I was thinking it would do a completely transfer but all it seemed to do was step out onto the dance floor and took a partner.

Am now up to 0.54" for the day, 4.13" for the event and it's currently 48 and misty with dp 46.

Checkout the gargantuan stalled conveyor belt in the Atlantic formed by Ian, the formidable blocking created this beast. Guidance doesn't even know what this thing is lol.

https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES/conus_band.php?sat=G16&band=GEOCOLOR&length=24

• Like 1