Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2022 OBS Thread

Rtd208

3 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Well made it to 62 for a high today after a low of 50.  Was overcast from Ian streamers all day although there was a hazy sun trying to peep through.

Currently overcast and 58 with dp still low at 48 (will have to see how long it takes to moisten that up to see any measurable).

We may see a "more normal" Oct than we've seen in years w/ some highs in the 50s and no off target flamethrower days...kinda ease into winter hopefully.

55F/DP 47F

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

We may see a "more normal" Oct than we've seen in years w/ some highs in the 50s and no off target flamethrower days...kinda ease into winter hopefully.

55F/DP 47F

We'll know for sure if/when we have a Ralph sighting!   It'll be like a "Ralph Wiggum Day" - if he sees his shadow, then 6 more weeks of summer, but if not, then winter begins (Fall?  What fall??!!)!  :lol:

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

We'll know for sure if/when we have a Ralph sighting!   It'll be like a "Ralph Wiggum Day" - if he sees his shadow, then 6 more weeks of summer, but if not, then winter begins (Fall?  What fall??!!)!  :lol:

He'll probably come out the blue and present some mathematical-past model run formulation-glacier infused-solar atmospheric distribution-ocean/tide movement-volcanic activity velocity algorithm and give a winter prediction...

55F/DP 48F       

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

55F/DP 47F

I recorded summer-like temps IMBY in the 80's and DP's in the upper 60's well into mid-October of last year. I recall being miserable and complaining about it to anybody and everybody. Fall needs to be fall, damnit. This is a welcome departure from that. Making the first beef stew of the season tomorrow and officially dusting off my knit hats for the season. Let's go!

• Like 2

Well just before going to bed last night, it started raining lightly and I picked up 0.02".  But by this morning, all hell broke loose and being in a rain pause/dry slot, I currently have 1.55" in the bucket for today so far, with the heaviest coming between 4 - 6 am. 

So have a total of 1.57" for the 2-day event at post time.

Currently overcast, misty and 52 with dp 51.

Some rainfall amounts so far today across Chester County PA. East Nantmeal 1.17" / Marsh Creek 1.02" / Downingtown 1.38" / Elverson 0.72". Today will not be a wash out but there could still be some showers almost anytime. Rain chances increase again later today and tonight. Showers could linger until later on Monday. The one consistent will be the very chilly autumnal temperatures. We should stay in the 50's for high temperatures and lows in the 40's till Wednesday. We will warm to near normal by Thursday before more unseasonably chilly air arrives by Friday.
The record high for today is 93 degrees set way back in 1897. The record low is 29 degrees from 1947. The daily rainfall record is the 2.51" that fell today in 2010.
image.png.542740dbc07539facfd25e2e0f65c3a1.png

10 hours ago, CoolHandMike said:

I recorded summer-like temps IMBY in the 80's and DP's in the upper 60's well into mid-October of last year. I recall being miserable and complaining about it to anybody and everybody. Fall needs to be fall, damnit. This is a welcome departure from that. Making the first beef stew of the season tomorrow and officially dusting off my knit hats for the season. Let's go!

So true. No one cares or notices besides weather enthusiasts.

My B-day is late Oct along w/Halloween. And as a young-in during the 70s/80s since I went to catholic school we had the day after halloween off (All Saints Day). Pretty much my B-day playing football in the leaves, Halloween and stuff w/temps in the 50s/low sun angle then All Saints Day off....it was golden!

Growing up, parents made beef stew and it was excellent, Once I moved out my friends dad was a deer hunter and we had a endless supply of meat (Stew/steaks/stew/jerky)...it was great...high protein.

55F/DP 53F

9 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

So true. No one cares or notices besides weather enthusiasts.

My B-day is late Oct along w/Halloween. And as a young-in during the 70s/80s since I went to catholic school we had the day after halloween off (All Saints Day). Pretty much my B-day playing football in the leaves, Halloween and stuff w/temps in the 50s/low sun angle then All Saints Day off....it was golden!

Growing up, parents made beef stew and it was excellent, Once I moved out my friends dad was a deer hunter and we had a endless supply of meat (Stew/steaks/stew/jerky)...it was great...high protein.

55F/DP 53F

Big fan...All Saints day schedule. No ties nor Nuns:

55F/DP 54F

asd.jpg

Looking at the NWS Cooperative Station near me in Glenmoore PA - shows the same data as I have analyzed....at least in the Philly burbs of Chester County...all of the longest running COOP sites show that if anything Septembers since the 1950's are cooling not warming....but folks still "feel" that September's here in Chester County have warmed....why is that?? I get that if you watch the news and at PHL it has warmed you assume it must be the same away from the UHI issues at PHL but...

image.thumb.png.081f1ef7ca34e7c577368a1d3993a490.png

• Like 1

Anybody notice the streamer of showers from the river northwest through Bucks, etc. zero guidance had it. We should have had a long break from morning until after dark without rain. Dreading this dragging out through three days I hate cloudy cool wet fall garbage weather thanks Ian you tool.

5 hours ago, RedSky said:

Willing to bet its been decades or never since we had a tropical system hang around for 3-4 days it just doesn't happen they motor along.

Agnes maybe who knows 

Looks like Ian is gonna do a dress rehearsal of a "Miller B-style" transfer to the coast and then become a cut off nor'easter. :lol:

Finally finished up with 1.62" of rain before the midnight bell and have picked up another 0.03" this morning, so am now at 1.67" total over 3 days.  Also noted the low stratus and some fog before I headed off to bed last night.

The low so far this morning has been 56 and it's currently overcast, misty, and 57 with dp 51.

surface-map-saved-650am-satsfc-10022022.gif

Total rain so far over the last 2 days is up to 1.60" with 0.36" of rain so far today. More rain and chilly weather is on the way. We should start to see conditions improve by Tuesday afternoon.
The record high for today is 87.6 set just 3 years ago back in 2019. The record low is 28 degrees set way back in 1899. The daily rainfall record is the 3.18" that fell today back in 1929.
image.png.f5df0c0f17bb5a1bbe99e13ab43590d2.png

4 hours ago, RedSky said:

0z euro keeps Ian around with raw northeast wind and rain through Wednesday, 6 days lol

Ian the Overperformer... I'm not usually a fan of days of rain and gloom, but rain hasn't been that easy to come by, so I'm seeing it as a good thing. Also looking forward to seeing the sun again, maybe Wednesday?

• Like 2