Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2022 OBS Thread

Rtd208

1 hour ago, KamuSnow said:

Ian the Overperformer... I'm not usually a fan of days of rain and gloom, but rain hasn't been that easy to come by, so I'm seeing it as a good thing. Also looking forward to seeing the sun again, maybe Wednesday?

I'm with ya, but yeah, we need the rain and these multi-day soakers are the best way to get it.  

1.07" of rain on the day.  Puts the Ian total thus far at 2.33".  

15 minutes ago, BBasile said:

I'm with ya, but yeah, we need the rain and these multi-day soakers are the best way to get it.  

1.07" of rain on the day.  Puts the Ian total thus far at 2.33".  

Just crossed the 2 inch mark here, 1.05" Friday night and Saturday morning, and 1.03" today, making a 2.08" total so far. Coming down at a decent clip, 1/4" in the last half hour.

• Like 1

What caused this 5 day cold foul weather? A probably rare as one in a thousand or more year triple tropical trouble of the the strongest ever Typhoon to crash the Gulf of Alaska to disturb the polar vortex and setup western north America blocking, followed by the strongest ever tropical system to crash Nova Scotia and create a strong -NAO, and Ian get perfectly snared into the setup. Are you feeling lucky?

• Like 1

Wow.  Mother Nature produces a forecast fail that had originally progged this area for 1 - 1.5" or so, and we are easily double that total over the past couple days.

Just for today, am  up to 1.12" at post time and with the 1.62" yesterday and 0.02" Friday night, I am at 2.76" for the 3 days so far and am way WEST of I-95, where S/E was supposed to have "more".

Currently have light rain and 53 with dp 52.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Wow.  Mother Nature produces a forecast fail that had originally progged this area for 1 - 1.5" or so, and we are easily double that.

Just for today, am  up to 1.12" at post time and with the 1.62" yesterday and 0.02" Friday night, I am at 2.76" for the 3 days so far and am way WEST of I-95, where S/E was supposed to have "more".

Currently have light rain and 53 with dp 52.

Even south and east of 95, we weren't supposed to have this much rain.  

Screenshot_20221002-144051_WeatherLink.jpg

22 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Strong banana high pressure to lock in the cold too

And that looks to sit there for awhile too.

Now have 1.28" for the day (2.92" for the 3 days). I did see a Flood Advisory was issued for Philly metro.

KYW traffic was reporting that both the Black and White Horse Pikes are closed for flooding outside of AC.

• Like 1

If you like football, gloomy dreary days, doing wash/stuff/taking out trash while getting drenched...today is the ticket.

Pretty sure I saw Ralph at the Warminster Starbucks calculating winter predictions.

52F/DP 49F...breezy, light rain/mist. This is what October is all about...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

If you like football, gloomy dreary days, doing wash/stuff/taking out trash while getting drenched...today is the ticket.

Pretty sure I saw Ralph at the Warminster Starbucks calculating winter predictions.

52F/DP 49F...breezy, light rain/mist. This is what October is all about...

So much so, yes. Although we're only sitting at .88" between yesterday and today, still, it's very nice. This time last year, we were still waiting for the summer heat to break. This year I'm just hoping it doesn't come back.

iwa8i1i.png

Finished up with 1.95" of rain Sunday and currently have 0.18" this morning for a total of 3.77" for the 4-day event.

And sh*t - just looked at my temp and I'm at 44 with dp 42. :o 

I have a couple potted tropical plants still out that won't like that.  I usually start bringing in the more temperature sensitive ones about mid-October as they don't like lows (consistently) below the mid-50s, which we hadn't yet reached yet.  My subtropical ones should be fine and I usually start getting those ready by the end of October.

• Like 1