• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    JDinCT
    Newest Member
    JDinCT
Upstate/Eastern New York-Springtime?

Intermittent snow showers throughout the day here. Disregarding the periodic melting, I'd say we've recorded 2 to 2.5" of new snow since last night. For what it's worth, the forecast verified here. The sounding looked graupely so I was suspicious of any forecast calling for more than 3" here. I'm surprised we've received as much as we have now. It is white out.

The most organized lake effect snow will be closely tied to upstream
connections. A Georgian Bay connection is likely to tie into Lake
Ontario lake effect this evening and continue through Monday
morning. There is low confidence in the exact placement of this
band, but most 12Z model guidance has shifted the most
persistent band southeast of Lake Ontario from Monroe to Oswego counties
with potential secondary band to the west of this. An
additional 2-4 inches is likely in most persistent bands
tonight.

On 3/26/2022 at 4:53 AM, rochesterdave said:

Sure. Lol. I’ll call it a win if the grass goes white. 

On 3/26/2022 at 6:07 AM, tim123 said:

Would think advisories would be out tonight for south shore for Sunday into monday

Win. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I just looked out. It's snowing decently, but the best stuff is definitely to the south of the Thruway.

For some reason, I thought you were south. LEK should be getting it good in Caz.

3 minutes ago, vortmax said:

For some reason, I thought you were south. LEK should be getting it good in Caz.

No, I'm in the Northwest corner of the county. It's been a "better" winter here than most of the rest of the county (with the exception of the Route 20 corridor from Skan. to Caz) where they've been the jackpot zone.

One of the wintriest nighttime shots of downtown Syracuse for the season tonight:

Armory Square Webcam in Syracuse, NY | Armory Cam

2 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

No, I'm in the Northwest corner of the county. It's been a "better" winter here than most of the rest of the county (with the exception of the Route 20 corridor from Skan. to Caz) where they've been the jackpot zone.

One of the wintriest nighttime shots of downtown Syracuse for the season tonight:

Armory Square Webcam in Syracuse, NY | Armory Cam

Is that close to where the college is? Looks like it’s hopping on a Sunday night 

15 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Is that close to where the college is? Looks like it’s hopping on a Sunday night 

Yeah, not too far away. I was watching all the people too. It's definitely not usually THAT busy. I am thinking a show or something let out, as there were lots of dressed-up people walking around. Armory Square is one of the nicest parts of Syracuse.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

2 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Yeah, not too far away. I was watching all the people too. It's definitely not usually THAT busy. I am thinking a show or something let out, as there were lots of dressed-up people walking around. Armory Square is one of the nicest parts of Syracuse.

I am guessing it was Hamilton at the Landmark Theater.

It's always entertaining just to see how often people go the WRONG way on this ONE way street. I get anxious watching it, but they usually figure it out pretty quickly. Thankful it's not a high-speed road.

• Like 2