Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
March 2022 Obs/Disc: In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Butterfly

40/70 Benchmark

55 minutes ago, George001 said:

I have toned it down a bit. I still jump the gun sometimes but this I am willing to accept feedback. This post is a bit harsh, but completely fair and nothing you said here is really inaccurate so I’ll work on it. I probably shouldn’t have started talking about blizzards off just a good H5 look (I’ll edit the post so it’s toned down) but man it’s a really good look. I don’t entirely remember all the details of our last exchange, but I do remember taking offense to something you said and got defensive as a result. I don’t really want to make enemies here so I’ll forget about that and clean up my posts. Fair enough?

It's aight  -

This message ^^ above is more lucid and intelligent.

But the previous exchange(s) were intended for constructively informing you, you are slipping from the central voice in here - in hopes to elicit some sort of awareness on your part.  It was not abundantly clear you understood the ramification/connection of the dots on that stuff.  This above shows you understand - good.

Start with adjective herding...  don't use the word blizzard -   Listen, there's a short list of verified blizzard condition events, per year, spread out over the entire country.  Any one given location has a very low probability of ever seeing one in a given winter. 

That should/could suggest how often it is really "utilitous" to refer to any given mid or extended range event as a blizzard.  Almost never... 

If you disclaimer your self as an artist or story teller of sorts...that's entirely fine - in fact, you have a native flare there ( perhaps).  But when one drops these a-bomb dystopic thrill seeking winter nuke posts, that just don't really follow from or match, as though to be taken seriously, that doesn't leave folks much to go with.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

How’s the deep H5 anomaly looking today? Nothing posted about it? Did it change from this morning? 

No it's still there. Very blocky look for month-end. There's nothing imminent though, so not really worth commenting too much. There's an outside chance at something around D5-6 (there's some wave-spacing issues though), but I think the better chance is more like D8-10 assuming the block holds....it could just lift out too though like the OP GFS did today.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

No it's still there. Very blocky look for month-end. There's nothing imminent though, so not really worth commenting too much. There's an outside chance at something around D5-6 (there's some wave-spacing issues though), but I think the better chance is more like D8-10 assuming the block holds....it could just lift out too though like the OP GFS did today.

Thanks for the info. 

Mostly just fantasy model stuff it seems. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

April 2nd, happy birthday to me

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

honestly... using a '240' hour chart to elucidate a warm point in f'um march is the bun-able  offense.

Not the person correcting the user.   lord

Don’t even bother…guy is a joke. Warminista constantly.  That’s all he ever does…10-16 day charts. So pathetic. It’s comical. 

16 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

I only said there were major differences between the D10 operational GFS and EC.  Yikes...

Eh I don’t got a problem with warm enthusiast per se. 

In fact I’ve been done winter for a couple full weeks at this point. I’m probably more in that camp at this point. 

I was telling the truth though. That 850 as the GFS has the other metrics isn’t warm.  And you bunned the truth … sorry

No interest in the possible coastal storm on Thursday?  No forecasting, wish casting, bs casting?  Any entertaining or informational opinions greatly appreciated.  Just asking for people that live above the 45th parallel.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, SJV said:

No interest in the possible coastal storm on Thursday?  No forecasting, wish casting, bs casting?  Any entertaining or informational opinions greatly appreciated.  Just asking for people that live above the 45th parallel.

Not many people live up there, hence the lack of interest.

Good luck.