Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 24/25 Potential Winter Storm

mikem81

52 minutes ago, RevWarReenactor said:

I don’t know. I’m chasing with Albany as my spot. Latest has me thinking I might head further north. In a chase; I have zero tolerance for pingers. 

Pretty much anyone along I-90 should be good for well over 6”. The best place to be may be eastern Mass since they could get some enhancement from the Atlantic. This is a Boston bread and butter storm where it could mix with a little sleet at the end but by then damage is more than done. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, HeadInTheClouds said:

Yes they do. Your snow is going to fall generally between 6z and 12z. I could see the 3-5 there. Isn’t NWS calling for 4-6? 

Would need to see the soundings to confirm this but the surface map shows the mixing line to the Bergen/Rockland line by 06z.

15 minutes ago, Tatamy said:

Do you what ratios they are using to calculate these amounts?  These amounts seem high. 

Don't forget per how the radar is being depicted, looks like when it shows its going snow, it's  pretty hard which could add up quickly.  That's probably the only way I see how that matches.  

12z radar depiction has snow still falling for long Island jfk north,  15z mixing shows up.  Total precip amounts up to 15z is about 0.60+ area wide 12z is about 0.40+/-

3 hours ago, snowman19 said:

This is working out exactly as it looked days ago…..a non event for snow and big ping fest going to all rain south of I-84. The GFS is trash, too cold as usual, I think the ICON is actually better. The NAM is the way to go. This one is going to continue to trend north and warmer in the midlevels right up until tomorrow afternoon

Enjoy your foot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Weenie 3

2 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Sleet to ZR for the interior and sleet to rain for the coastal plain.

ref1km_ptype.us_ne.png

ref1km_ptype.us_ne.png

sn10_acc.us_ne.png

zr_acc.us_ne.png

Its still insanely far north compared to everything else.  I'd bet the house its likely wrong but you can toss any model showing long periods of snow at the coast...the NAM is likely way too early though flipping NE NJ/NYC to rain...I think its very possible those places never totally switch to RA

2 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

Its still insanely far north compared to everything else.  I'd bet the house its likely wrong but you can toss any model showing long periods of snow at the coast...the NAM is likely way too early though flipping NE NJ/NYC to rain...I think its very possible those places never totally switch to RA

Guess we'll just have to look outside at this point Friday lol

7 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

3k NAM has some icing in interior sections, 0.25"+ for places like Western Rockland, upper Bergen and Western Passaic, but it's mostly after 12z. Precip by then is lighter and temps are borderline. Again that's taking it verbatim. I want to see what the RGEM says.