Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,272
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Iceberg
    Newest Member
    Iceberg
    Joined

Cure my SE trend hangover event 2/21-2/22


Baum
 Share

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

K, this is getting out of hand.  I bet there's been 6 or 7 additional inches today.  

Totally my fault.  I should have cleared the roof ahead of this since it already had over 2' but I didn't really think it would be this bad. I'll be shoveling snow well after dark. 

IMG_4023.thumb.jpg.1c8ff3df108ccd8d9be1d4b876051598.jpg

Talk about a glacier. UUUFFFTA!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Brian D said:

Snow winding down here. Looks like another 2 or 3" today. Close to foot here the last couple days., and March still to go, and probably some in April this year too. Already at avg snow for the season. Bo won't see the ground until Memorial day this year. LOL

haha!

Someone on the board posted a week or so ago that there is no such thing as too much snow.  I'm not so sure bout that. :P 

Calling it a day.  It's impossible to be up on the roof in this, it's getting dark and I don't want to fall or get hurt.  Tackle it after the storm.

 

IMG_4037.thumb.PNG.c254755d7877f25767632bb96ac7c2bd.PNG

 

IMG_4040.thumb.jpg.425f5fd86e832e312e69f0729eaefd63.jpg

 

IMG_4036.PNG.f991c1eb59b4ade408c22c65abdea998.PNG

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, SolidIcewx said:

I was expecting a little more rain last night but I see a big rain shield moving back into Michigan from the south. Im definitely going to enjoy the near 60 degree temps

At least you got to experience some nice temperatures. I had to deal with mid 30s, pouring rain and NE winds. I hope you enjoyed your S winds and nice temps. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, weatherbo said:

haha!

Someone on the board posted a week or so ago that there is no such thing as too much snow.  I'm not so sure bout that. :P 

Calling it a day.  It's impossible to be up on the roof in this, it's getting dark and I don't want to fall or get hurt.  Tackle it after the storm.

 

IMG_4037.thumb.PNG.c254755d7877f25767632bb96ac7c2bd.PNG

 

IMG_4040.thumb.jpg.425f5fd86e832e312e69f0729eaefd63.jpg

A young man's place to live. A significant percentage of your life during the winter is just dealing with the amount of snow that disrupts your daily life.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4.9” officially as of 6pm. Light snow showers will probably bring us to just over 5” when all is said and done. This is on just 0.19” of liquid precipitation for a nearly 26-1 ratio. There was over 3 hours today with visibility under 1 mile and about an hour with visibility at or below a quarter mile. 
 

Seasonal snowfall stands at 41.8” or about how much snow is on Bo’s roof. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, OrdIowPitMsp said:

4.9” officially as of 6pm. Light snow showers will probably bring us to just over 5” when all is said and done. This is on just 0.19” of liquid precipitation for a nearly 26-1 ratio. There was over 3 hours today with visibility under 1 mile and about an hour with visibility at or below a quarter mile. 
 

Seasonal snowfall stands at 41.8” or about how much snow is on Bo’s roof. 

 :lol: Don't remind me.

 

As of 7pm MQT has received 27.1 inches (1.75 liquid, roughly 15:1 ratios) since the first flakes started to fly late Sunday night, and they increased their depth by 20" to 38".  I estimate I've had 31-32" and probably have an average depth of 45-48".  Hard to say because both of my 60" NWS snow stakes have drifted and been covered completely.

Still snowing at a nice clip and could see another 5 or 6 inches by morning... then clean up which will take me a couple days at least.

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OrdIowPitMsp said:

4.9” officially as of 6pm. Light snow showers will probably bring us to just over 5” when all is said and done. This is on just 0.19” of liquid precipitation for a nearly 26-1 ratio. There was over 3 hours today with visibility under 1 mile and about an hour with visibility at or below a quarter mile. 
 

Seasonal snowfall stands at 41.8” or about how much snow is on Bo’s roof. 

It's a lot of work and takes up a lot of time, yes.  I enjoy being out in the snow so it's not so bad.  I've been slacking the past couple weeks with a stubborn cold and am paying the price now.

 

Edit: This was meant to be in response to Cary67.:arrowhead:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, weatherbo said:

 :lol: Don't remind me.

 

As of 7pm MQT has received 27.1 inches (1.75 liquid, roughly 15:1 ratios) since the first flakes started to fly late Sunday night, and they increased their depth by 20" to 38".  I estimate I've had 31-32" and probably have an average depth of 45-48".  Hard to say because both of my 60" NWS snow stakes have drifted over and been covered completely.

Still snowing at a nice clip and could see another 5 or 6 inches by morning... then clean up which will take me a couple days at least.

 

Wish I planned a Marquette ski trip.  I am visiting Nubs Nob.  Thankfully all snow here but nothing like what you got!!

Enjoy ... I too like to spend hours just being out in the snow like you are saying 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Lightning said:

Wish I planned a Marquette ski trip.  I am visiting Nubs Nob.  Thankfully all snow here but nothing like what you got!!

Enjoy ... I too like to spend hours just being out in the snow like you are saying 

You would be in heaven here.  Another 8" overnight bringing my total to around 40".  Mqt had an additional 8.5" last night bringing their storm total to 35.9".  My snow depth is definitely over 50".  It blew and drifted enough that all my work on the roof was erased.  starting from scratch again.

MQT also set a snow record yesterday with 21.6", an all time single day February record.

Snow trying to wind down.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

You would be in heaven here.  Another 8" overnight bringing my total to around 40".  Mqt had an additional 8.5" last night bringing their storm total to 35.9".  My snow depth is definitely over 50".  It blew and drifted enough that all my work on the roof was erased.  starting from scratch again.

MQT also set a snow record yesterday with 21.6", an all time single day February record.

Snow trying to wind down.

Expecting to see some really crazy snow pictures later on.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, weatherbo said:

You would be in heaven here.  Another 8" overnight bringing my total to around 40".  Mqt had an additional 8.5" last night bringing their storm total to 35.9".  My snow depth is definitely over 50".  It blew and drifted enough that all my work on the roof was erased.  starting from scratch again.

MQT also set a snow record yesterday with 21.6", an all time single day February record.

Snow trying to wind down.

I’ve got some friends going up to Mt. Bohemia this weekend. Very jealous of them, as conditions look unreal. Good luck with the snow clearing today. Ship some of it over this way. The lakes could use some moisture to fill back up this spring. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Two Harbors ends with 10" in town, with about a 12" away from the lake. Site in town has 26" snow depth with 7NW site having 37". Pics from my home. Sorry, but being in a wheelchair limits my getting around, especially winter. Nothing like Bo's, but more than enough. :)  Looks like Washburn,WI ends with 33.5". Impressive for this side of the Lake.

Feb 23 pic 1.gif

Feb 23 pic 2.gif

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, WestMichigan said:

Have to say I am a little jealous of all that snow you have @weatherbo

 

I'm suddenly enjoying it a whole lot more.  The contractor that's working on the inside of my new poll barn chuckled when he saw me up on the roof and said I was wasting my time and not to worry about clearing the snow. Houses here can take the weight he said.  I've cleared around the chimney stack and when the snow melts this Spring, he's gonna add a 4' piece of stove pipe to extend it past the roof peak so I don't have to dick with this every year.  Made my day. woo hoo!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Brian D said:

Two Harbors ends with 10" in town, with about a 12" away from the lake. Site in town has 26" snow depth with 7NW site having 37". Pics from my home. Sorry, but being in a wheelchair limits my getting around, especially winter. Nothing like Bo's, but more than enough. :)  Looks like Washburn,WI ends with 33.5". Impressive for this side of the Lake.

Feb 23 pic 1.gif

Feb 23 pic 2.gif

I love small north woods towns.  Very picturesque.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

I'm suddenly enjoying it a whole lot more.  The contractor that's working on the inside of my new poll barn chuckled when he saw me up on the roof and said I was wasting my time and not to worry about clearing the snow. Houses here can take the weight he said.  I've cleared around the chimney stack and when the snow melts this Spring, he's gonna add a 4' piece of stove pipe to extend it past the roof peak so I don't have to dick with this every year.  Made my day. woo hoo!

Nice Pics Bo, jealous, really disappointing that NWL hasn't had anything remote to a decent winter the  past few years. it is what is though. Was hoping we could get something from that system showed promise early but went to far north same story either to far south or north. I'm not surprised your contractor said that about your roof as I'm sure most houses were built to handle the snow load. Even in my area the stick built homes are built strong on the roof/trusses,  I was shocked how may supports/braces my roof had when I went in my attic. Makes it a bear walking around up there with all the braces everywhere.  I would be okay with having 5-6' on my roof without thinking anything of it, not that I would ever see that down here in troll land :)

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, josh_4184 said:

Nice Pics Bo, jealous, really disappointing that NWL hasn't had anything remote to a decent winter the  past few years. it is what is though. Was hoping we could get something from that system showed promise early but went to far north same story either to far south or north. I'm not surprised your contractor said that about your roof as I'm sure most houses were built to handle the snow load. Even in my area the stick built homes are built strong on the roof/trusses,  I was shocked how may supports/braces my roof had when I went in my attic. Makes it a bear walking around up there with all the braces everywhere.  I would be okay with having 5-6' on my roof without thinking anything of it, not that I would ever see that down here in troll land :)

 

Man it sure has been a rough few seasons in NW lower and it sucs because that area  has so much potential to deliver incredible snow.  I believe it has to flip at some point.

Interesting you mention the trusses.  I pulled down the attic stairs in the garage and my contractor and I went up, and he showed how there was very little pressure on the trusse braces.  You could pound on them with your fist and get some flimsy movement showing they're not stressed at all. I'm ecstatic, while I love snow, shoveling a roof isn't on my list fun things, I just always felt I needed to do it. 

I'm officially a yooper lol

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Am concerned for the little doe that stayed behind this season.  Haven't seen her or any tracks in a couple days.  Poor thing is only around 30" tall at the shoulder.  I fear she will freeze and starve to death or be coyote/wolf food.  Maybe she got some sense and split but I don't think so.

Think i'll put on the snow shoes and head out back and see if I can spot any sign of her.

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...